Light-O-Rama Forums

G3-MP3 director

HVACR

The computer sees the director when the SD card is removed and is  disconnected when I put the card in the director. Any ideas?

Thanks 

HVACR

There is no need to have the director connected to your computer when the SD card is in. There is nothing in the software that allows you to 'see' what's going on when the SD card is in there.

So ... the idea I have is that it's working as expected.

I understood from the instructions that the "hardware utility" could be used to set up the show and set the settings of the director? Is that wrong?

3 minutes ago, HVACR said:

I understood from the instructions that the "hardware utility" could be used to set up the show and set the settings of the director? Is that wrong?

The settings for the director are actually set on the director. The settings you set with the HU would be things on the SD card  ie. clock settings can be set on the SD card with the HU.

You use the HU to set up the sequences that you want to run during the show, and to create different shows to run at different times. You write those to the SD Card, then drop it in the director.

can u use the director to change sequences? Lets say someone comes by and wants to hear song 2 of 6 right away, Can I go to the director and change to song 2 if its on song 4 or it only plays the order you set and cant be changed?

sorry to derail the thread, last question, how would you "trigger" the song. Are certain switches/buttons purchased to link into the director?

Look at page 36 of the manual as it explains triggers. A trigger can be a switch or a button that when activated will tell the director to go to a specific show. Lets say you have certain Christmas songs programmed into the main show and lets say you have two or three very popular songs programmed as a second show which would be activated by the first trigger. The main show would play until the trigger is activated then the second show would play, when the second show is complete it would go back to the first main show.

• The topic was locked