Light-O-Rama Forums

Flood Light - Bulbs

namecipS

I have two each of red and green flood lights to light up the house.  The bulbs are 100W Westinghouse Incandescent.    They look and feel very cheap.  The paint is already peeling on one of them and not sure they're going to last very long.  They are part of the show and will be constantly going on and off.  

I'm looking for recommendations on some good flood light bulbs(red and green).  

I, too, had used incandescent flood lights on my house - and last year switched to the RGB flood lights from LOR. 

I got the 50W ones - and WOW they can really create a dazzling effect on the house. I have 6 of them about 15-18 feet out away from the house (a two-story white colonial style) and they are truly magnificent!

http://store.lightorama.com/hipo50wrgbfl.html

I have no experience with the 10Watt ones DisneyMatt10 linked to... but...

As he said, "Trust me, you won't regret it"!

They are amazing and really light up the house.

Yeah - I know - you'd have to resequenced to accommodate them - but, man oh man - it is worth the effort.

I'd suggest adding these to your setup and keep the old red and green ones in place for now...slowly top through the sequences and swap out the RGBs for the R/G bulbs --- when all are swapped out you can use those channels for even more props!

3 minutes ago, jamills706 said:

I, too, had used incandescent flood lights on my house - and last year switched to the RGB flood lights from LOR. 

I got the 50W ones - and WOW they can really create a dazzling effect on the house. I have 6 of them about 15-18 feet out away from the house (a two-story white colonial style) and they are truly magnificent!

http://store.lightorama.com/hipo50wrgbfl.html

I have no experience with the 10Watt ones DisneyMatt10 linked to... but...

As he said, "Trust me, you won't regret it"!

They are amazing and really light up the house.

Yeah - I know - you'd have to resequenced to accommodate them - but, man oh man - it is worth the effort.

I'd suggest adding these to your setup and keep the old red and green ones in place for now...slowly top through the sequences and swap out the RGBs for the R/G bulbs --- when all are swapped out you can use those channels for even more props!

Since he is using Primary colors,  all he might need to do is change the Unit ID and channel in his existing sequence  (Each port has 3 channels:RGB)