Light-O-Rama Forums

Needing a Christmas Miracle!

DisneyMatt10

23 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Nice sequencing job, but is that the most oddball version of 12 Days of Christmas ever recorded or did the videographer butcher it that much?

:lol::lol:  As mentioned above that version of 12 Days of Christmas is from Straight No Chaser. It's a fun little song to have in the show!! 

So, quick question... Any advice on how to fix this, or what could be causing it?? It work fine the first 4 nights, then out of no where last night. BAM! Half of the wreath is dead. 23844475_10160293340960643_3414742063216

Advice? Thoughts? 

2 minutes ago, DisneyMatt10 said:

So, quick question... Any advice on how to fix this, or what could be causing it?? It work fine the first 4 nights, then out of no where last night. BAM! Half of the wreath is dead. 23844475_10160293340960643_3414742063216

Advice? Thoughts? 

What kind of string?

Dumb or Smart pixels? (I see a failed one right near the cord). If Smart and daisy chained, the last on working string DO might be bad. Or the first pix on the dead string is fried  I assume that the second cord is an OUT

Just now, TheDucks said:

What kind of string?

Dumb or Smart pixels? (I see a failed one right near the cord). If Smart and daisy chained, the last on working string DO might be bad. Or the first pix on the dead string is fried  I assume that the second cord is an OUT

It is a strand of smart pixels. (The ones near the beginning aren't fried. They work fine. They just happened to be lit up a different color in the photo because we were going through different test phases trying to see if anything worked.) We removed the first "dead" pixel, and the one before it, and the one after it to see if removing any of those would help... And nothing. It's still dead. And yes, the second cord is an out.

It's back to life again!! 

24068266_10160293719135643_3227716099208

Lots of trial and error later, and replacing bulbs we finally found the problem!! Glad it wasn't anything super major. 

39 minutes ago, DisneyMatt10 said:

It's back to life again!! 

24068266_10160293719135643_3227716099208

Lots of trial and error later, and replacing bulbs we finally found the problem!! Glad it wasn't anything super major. 

Yes!

That is a HUGE wreath (>3' ?)

That is a BIG wreath

1 hour ago, TheDucks said:

Yes!

That is a HUGE wreath (>3' ?)

That is a BIG wreath

It's 60 inches across!!! The biggest one I could find!! :)