Light-O-Rama Forums

Can I have more than one prop that uses the same pixel string?

tonyski

Hi Everyone,

Can I create more than one prop using the same pixel string? (Same Universe and channels).

I have several props that are modeled in PE to look like they actually are in real life, but I would like to be able to chase (lets say alternating red/green/white) from the beginning of the physical strand to the end of it. I can't think of a way to do that without making a prop of the same pixel string  in a straight line and then applying the effect to that.

Love to hear your thoughts

Tony

2 hours ago, tonyski said:

Hi Everyone,

Can I create more than one prop using the same pixel string? (Same Universe and channels).

I have several props that are modeled in PE to look like they actually are in real life, but I would like to be able to chase (lets say alternating red/green/white) from the beginning of the physical strand to the end of it. I can't think of a way to do that without making a prop of the same pixel string  in a straight line and then applying the effect to that.

Love to hear your thoughts

Tony

Watching this: I have 2 HC tombstones (30 px each) I want to make the curved tops into Leaping arches (Px:1-14,31,44)  NB I am using 1 port on a  LOR pixie4

How are the props defined? In Preview Design, select the prop and then select Item > Layout from the menu. This will show you how the prop is internally represented. If you used one of the Lines-* shapes, then the prop will be a single horizontal row. In that case, you can just put the props into a group and set the group's arrangement property to "horizontal stack". This stacks the props end-on-end, which allows you to run effects across an entire string, or multiple strings.

But it all depends on how the props are defined...

Matt

Hi Matt,

The prop is a custom prop. In this case, it is a Boscoyo DIYC Mini Tree that I created. The "Layout" window shows each node as I placed it in the grid when I created it. Doesn't sound like this is what you were describing.

Is there a "Plan B"?

Tony

Thanks Matt,

So just to be clear, you can NOT have more than one prop that uses the same pixel string in Pixel Editor, Correct?

I do think that being able to chase pixels along a string within a prop would be a popular effect for S5

Tony

1 hour ago, tonyski said:

So just to be clear, you can NOT have more than one prop that uses the same pixel string in Pixel Editor, Correct?

Correct. You can check for channel overlap by selecting Tools > Manage Previews, select the desired preview, then clicking the Info button -- any problems will be listed in the Warnings box in the upper right.

Matt