Light-O-Rama Forums

Virtual Santa

JohnF

Hi guys,

Quick question to all of you that have Virtual Santa projection in your display, I am very often not home from work when my display first runs (animations run on the hour every hour from 4pm). This year I am adding Virtual Santa for the first time, I have picked up a 3200 Lumens projector from Amazon, and have downloaded the files.

My question, is that when the projector starts up it has normal projector start up screen for about 30 seconds before it is ready to play, how do you guys get over this, as if I project this on the window, will definitely ruin the illusion!

Thanks

John

I had the projector turn on with a timer in the daylight and then used a batch file to start the video once it got dark out.   Since then I've moved to a projector that will play from the USB and just let it start early with the screen blue startup screen.

I turn it on manually each night, usually just before the startup time of the display.  There are some times when I'm not home, and I just start up the Santa when I get home. 

As to my extremely low tech solution to mute the projector startup, I start the DVD player and get it to play, then put my hand over the projector lens, turn on the projector, let it warm up and play blue, etc. on the back of my hand. Then it starts to show the Santa image and I quickly remove my hand from the lens.  From down on the ground, it appears that Santa just "flew in" to the window all of a sudden...

I let the projector run on repeat all night when the display is running and then shut it off manually at the end of the evening....

• The topic was locked