Light-O-Rama Forums

Bridging CMB24D to J3’s PIXCOM16 port does not start in the right circuit

Sergio

Hello there,

I am using the PIXCOM’s DMX bridge in order to run my cmb24d in DMX mode. At this point after made  the jumper configuration on the CMB24 the  lights turn on during a dummy sequence, however I noticed that first pixel starts at circuit 2 rather than circuit 1 on the universe. So , the next one(pixel 2) starts at circuit 5 and so on

Does anyone know the reason of this behavior, I really want to start at circuit 1 for this controller

Thanks in advance

I've never used my CMB24D in DMX mode, but according to the documentation, make sure the address DIP switches (1 - 9) are set:  0 0000 0001

That should set the starting DMX address to 1.

Maybe if it's raining part of this weekend (preventing me from being outside setting up my Christmas show), I'll try the CMB24D in DMX mode.  I would be driving it from a SanDevices E682 E1.31 controller.

I just checked the address DIP Switch and It is set to 000000010 because my ctb16pcg3 was set as unit Id 1. I did not remember about that. 

Thanks k6 for the clarification.

S.

Btw i did not catch the rain comment..i am from costa rica..  the only month there's not rain is Christmas...

Edited by Sergio

Glad I was able to help.  Always nice when you find that the equipment was doing what you told it to do - as opposed to what you wanted it to do.  That’s fixable...

The rain comment was that this weekend is supposed to be my primary setup weekend.  However there is possible rain coming starting Saturday evening.  I hope either it does not rain, or does not rain when I need to be outside setting up the lights.

• The topic was locked