Light-O-Rama Forums

Singing Face Basics

MeemeeMowMow

Just now, MeemeeMowMow said:

Bryan, thanks for the advice.  I am very musically inclined (was in band and choir for years in high school) so hopefully that will be a plus! 

That is perfect! Have fun!!!

• Thanks 1

That's rich... All the ideas that HC has apparently pirated/copied over the years without paying a penny in licensing or royalties (as far as anyone knows), and all the underhanded advertising they do using (and profiting from the use of) their competitors names...

And here we have someone getting all high and mighty and offended when they (HC) become a victim of their own perfidy.  Ain't third-party hypocrisy a wonderful thing?

Edited by George Simmons
  • Haha 1

You found my work in another thread.   Personally I use wireframes and led ropelight for my faces. 

Any questions about sequencing don't hesitate to PM me.

Sax

• Thanks 1

Progress update so far!  

Received my first coro tree face in the mail.  After looking at the 800 holes on it, I decided it WAS WAY more work than it was worth to recreate it myself so I ordered a second one! 

Got the lights for the two trees in the mail today! Need to go by Home Depot and pick up the wood to build the frames for the faces so I can start punching the lights into the Coro.  From what I understand it is much easier if the Coro is framed first.

Purchased a controller and the starter set package (software etc) and a ready made sequence off a website.  Downloaded the software, the sequence and the music for the sequence and have been tweeking a revised version of the sequence to change a few things since it was made for four faces and this year, I will only have two.  The software is complex but having a starting point with the sequence I purchased really helped me figure out the basics!  I don't think I could take on doing a whole song this year by myself but could definitely be a possibility for next year time permitting.  Buying the sequences and tweeking seems like it may be the way to go for me for now.

I am feeling more confident that having singing faces for Christmas may be a real possibilty!

Thanks for all the help and encouragement!

MeemeeMowMow

You don't need to change the sequence if only using two faces, only the one controller needed for the 16 channels, and the rest of the sequence won't be affected. If you want to practice modifying or sequencing then go for it, but I would recommend you back up the sequence or make a copy to play with in case you save a mistake and then have something that you would have a hard time fixing.

Keith

Edited by Kapkirk
spelling

I think I read back it up 5000 times when going through these forums so that was the first thing I did was back it up to a thumb drive aling with each version I create so I can go back to any point! There were a few parts in the song I bought that were being done by the 3rd and 4th face that I was able to partly move to the two main faces. So yeah, it was mostly to play round and learn the program!

Super excited to say that I have my first singing face up and singing as of this morning!  I still have to build the second one, test it and then move them outside and figure out the sound thing.  We have some old outdoor speakers that we may try to use this year to play the music on as I really don't want to do the whole FM broadcast thing this year if I don't have to.  I am thrilled as I hit my goal of having the faces sing for Thanksgiving for my grandkids.  I have a couple of songs I bought and will probably buy a couple more.  I was hoping for five or so songs.  Next step is to see if I can incorporate any other lights into my songs, but I would have to use only one channel for my eyes and make them static to free up a couple channels for any other lights since I am working off only one controller.

These forums have been a great source of information and I couldn't have done it without pouring through all the advice here.  Thanks!  Christine

20171114_071227sm.thumb.jpg.8a931071b35f5c9db3a9f524abffd7e3.jpg

• Like 3