Light-O-Rama Forums

Small singing faces

Toño

Those who have the small 24x24 singing faces where do you put them and how do you attached them to your House need ideas I was thinking on putting them on the roof.

thanks in advance 

I make my own small singing faces and they are around that size. There are many ways to attach but depends on exactly where you want them. I attach my spider ngoni spider right to the controller on the spiders back. 

As far as roof depends on roof shape. You can make a “V” from 2x4’s and drape each side over the peak. Keep in mind you will want this b to be long. I do that with several props at my old house. This house I don’t get the peaks, I can’t reach them even with a man lift so I do edge only

continiation got a phone call

the 2x4s would not be screwed or fastened to the roof in any way. The 2x4’s work based on friction principals. I’ve had blow molds on my previous homes even in very high winds and everything stayed in place.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

I used 10 foot 2x4 screwed to the side. I tywrapped the 2x4 to the back yard fence. I have 4 foot bushes in front of fence. So I had to get them high enough over the bushes. We had 40-50 mph winds and the tywrappes held. 

I have framed mine with 2x4's.  I have four.  One on top, then the controller and then the other under the controller.  I left "legs" on the frame and stand mine up in between the windows on the front of the house.

My little faces are on the ground under my arches.  check it out. the video is not good but you can get the Idea of the fit in the show. They are attached to re-bar on each side. The re-bar is hammered into the ground. I do not have them framed with anything. just the coro zip tied to the rebar. 

Edited by Box on Rails

Thanks for all your replies I’m trying to keep them two feet above ground level since I’m in the Chicago area and we get snow

42 minutes ago, Toño said:

Thanks for all your replies I’m trying to keep them two feet above ground level since I’m in the Chicago area and we get snow

You can go to Lowes or HD and get some engineer stakes. They are green and used to hang barbed wire or cattle fence on. They are 8" but can be cut. Get a driver for them, it looks like  a piece of pipe with a cap on one end and 2 handles (normally painted grey). Hollow in center. You start the stake with your hands and then use that tool to drive in as far as needed by placing the hollow end over the stake and driving it in. Pretty simple depending on your ground.

For small framed faces 1 per face will work.

JR

58 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

You can go to Lowes or HD and get some engineer stakes. They are green and used to hang barbed wire or cattle fence on. They are 8" but can be cut. Get a driver for them, it looks like  a piece of pipe with a cap on one end and 2 handles (normally painted grey). Hollow in center. You start the stake with your hands and then use that tool to drive in as far as needed by placing the hollow end over the stake and driving it in. Pretty simple depending on your ground.

For small framed faces 1 per face will work.

JR

Thanks jr I’m going to see if these would work 

3 in. x 3 in. x 6 ft. Green Metal Heavy Duty Fence U-Post

https://homedepot.app.link/6RaZhJ4NOH

Yes, they have little hooks on them which you can bend enough to hang your frame on. 

They do have shorter ones but they are harder to find.

Just drive them into the ground enough to just cover the wider flat stabilization part.

JR

11 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Yes, they have little hooks on them which you can bend enough to hang your frame on. 

They do have shorter ones but they are harder to find.

Just drive them into the ground enough to just cover the wider flat stabilization part.

JR

I Got the 4ft  ones

once again thanks for your help I was able to raised them about 2 1/2 feet from the ground 

4 hours ago, Toño said:

I Got the 4ft  ones

once again thanks for your help I was able to raised them about 2 1/2 feet from the ground 

Anytime. Nice to find short ones none anywhere around me.

JR