Light-O-Rama Forums
ndutton

Prop Definition: Lines - Unconnected

When you create a multi segment line such as here (1)

1.thumb.png.f7d946d2aaacb4e8c6a48bd83835ce83.png

you get the # of segments shown in a straight line with (in this case) 4 segments. There is a nice #1 to show the beginning of the line and you can assume a left to right count of the DMX channels.

However when you press save it then shows (2)

2.thumb.png.e5001b594ec46b154a8de6501ae96b0f.png

a different shape, where is #1 pixel (Zoom in a lot and its blue), ok which is #26, which is # 100?.

If I am to create a shape here I need to know which line is which and which way around it should go....

Under "Format"  select "Preferences".  Then select "Show Pixel Numbers on Selected Props".

Thanks,

Tim

Is the square shown in you picture the shape you are trying to draw or is it some other shape?

If you want 4 individual lines that you can move where you like try using Matrix-Vertical-Rectangle. Create this prop 4 times, that will allow you to be able to move them where and how you want, and then create them as a group or groups.

dmx0.png

dmx1.png

Is this is not what you are after then disregard, I misread your question.

Alan...

Tim (Pyrotech) -

Tim, that helped a lot.... thanks a lot!
Makes for a crowded illustration; my suggestion would be a view option that shows the 1st LED in each line.
By example if you had 4 lines of 25. Show/highlight with a pixel numbers 1, 26, 51, and 76. thoughts? 

Alan (Default) - 

Alan, yes it is so I can draw a prop from 4 lines. That I know how to do, the issue was that the tool created 4 lines for me and I had no problem moving the around, the problem was which line had which pixels? Pyrotech solved that issue for me by telling me where the hidden clicker was.

Edited by ndutton