Light-O-Rama Forums
ndutton

Re-ordering RGB to BRG

I have 17 DMX channels that are all setup RGB and they should be BRG. I simply can't find an easy way to re-align without going through every pixel and changing both its channel and its name to fix the issue.

Props.png.5c2dd89811a94ae5a40d692000b9345a.png

If I try to re-create the DMX channel, it comes up as an effect and I no longer see the individual colors in the sequencer.

Please advise... I am 5 days in to trying to solve this

You haven't really provided enough information to give a definitive answer, so let me ask some questions...

1) Is 17 channels a typo? That is not very many channels to change.

2) Is the sequencing on channels labelled (R) what SHOULD be on the red channel? If so you don't want to relabel anything, you just need to reassign channel numbers.

3) In Preview Design, have you looked at Item > Channel Summary? It allows you to change channel assignments in an expedited manner.

What hardware are you using?  Essentially always, changes to RGB color order is changed in the pixel controller, not in the sequence.  As Matt said, you have not given us much information.

Agree with K6ccc, just change the setup on your controller based on each output.  That is how I do it on my E682 and 6804

I said channels, meant universes. Was late when I wrote the post.

For the most part, I have already fixed my issue by redo'ing everything - took forever..... It all became a lot easier once I realized there was a way to turn on channel level in pixel prop; once again I could see what was going on (prior to that it was really confusing).

One way it would also have been easier would have been if I could rename in the channel summary dialogue also.