Light-O-Rama Forums

instant sequence for STAR

jmraider

I am using the SE and have had success, but for some reason I can not get the SE to do an instant sequence for my Star.  I have the button selected "yes" for star in use in the configuration along with unit ID 0C and first channel as 1.  It does not want to show the STAR working with instant sequence.  Nor when I export does it show anything in the channels for the Star.  What am I doing wrong?

As you say, when in CCR mode Instant Sequence will not sequence the star. To have Instant Sequence sequence the star you must import a visualization of the tree and star. To do this do the following:

1) click on the File menu and select "Import Visualization"

2) When the "import visualization" dialog box appears, just click on "Ok"

3) The "Open Visualization" box will appear, navigate to the "Samples" folder

4) In the samples folder there are several visualizations that start with "superstar." There are some for controllers at the top, and some for controllers at the bottom. Some for 12CCRs, some for 16 CCRs and some for DMX. Chose the one that matches your display

5) In the visualization the star will be represented by a line of 6 green squares and Instant Sequence will sequence that line

Note that when in visualization mode superstar gets the addressing information from the visualization. So you should open the visualization in the visualizer and check the addressing of each fixture. On the right side of the visualizer there is a list, you can have the list be a list of props or of fixtures. Make it be a list of the fixtures and then double click on each fixture in the list. The Fixture properties dialog box will pop up and you can change the network and unit ID in the lower left corner of the dialog box. After changing everything to match your display, save it and then import it again into superstar.

HI

Ok I got it to make the STAR blink, but I have a five channel star.  Is there a way for it to program each channel?  SO that the star can go big to small or small to big?

I got it to work now, except I only have a 5 channel star and it is set to 6 channels, how do I reduce a channel?

On the right side of the visualizer screen there is a list, you can make it be a list of fixtures or a list of props. Click on "fixtures" to list the fixtures. Double click on star fixture 1 or star fixture 6 and delete it. Its up to you to decide on if it is most appropriate to delete the first or last one. Also, you will want to double click on the remaining star fixtures and make sure they are assigned to the correct network, unit ID, and channel.

The screen shot is of the superstar program

launch the visualizer program

open the visualization

delete one of the star fixtures

Here are my two screens, any tips when using this program to do instant sequences or is there a video I can watch with tips.

Thanks for all your help

image.png.dc69b2759ea9417f24c83581f76d6eba.png

image.png.fec0a5dfa8fb2bc0f1fefce360e3fdbb.png

You can try unchecking "Extend Length of Effects" and the effects will become more responsive to the music, but more blinky

There are several tutorials on Instant Sequence. Go to the lightorama main page, click on "Support" then click on "Tutorials and PDFs" the superstar tutorials are near the bottom.  Look for ones that mention Instant Sequence