Light-O-Rama Forums

Complete NOOB H E L P

RYKES

I am new to this and all of this is very intimidating with all the acronyms and other terms.  I do have a close friend that has been helping me.  He said this could help me out also... I am starting out very simple this year and hope to add on as I understand the programming.  I will have a full strip of LEDs that I will run across my Gutters.  Probably about 40 feet.  I am just going to make a loop of some patterns and go with that.  Next year I would like to add some music and do more windows on the house.  What is the best way for me to get started... Any good videos to help me along the way... Or any advice from people that were in my shoes.  Appreciate being  a part of this forum.  Looking forward to it.  

5 hours ago, RYKES said:

I am new to this and all of this is very intimidating with all the acronyms and other terms.  I do have a close friend that has been helping me.  He said this could help me out also... I am starting out very simple this year and hope to add on as I understand the programming.  I will have a full strip of LEDs that I will run across my Gutters.  Probably about 40 feet.  I am just going to make a loop of some patterns and go with that.  Next year I would like to add some music and do more windows on the house.  What is the best way for me to get started... Any good videos to help me along the way... Or any advice from people that were in my shoes.  Appreciate being  a part of this forum.  Looking forward to it.  

Welcome aboard. Best videos to start with are right here from Lightorama themselves:

http://www1.lightorama.com/tutorials/

Lots of good info from one of their authorized partners here:

http://www.wowlights.com/Support/Support.asp

Good luck. 

As Mega Arch stated, LOR has great tutorials;  Also search YouTube for LOR as it has lots of videos that demonstrate how to do many aspects of creating LOR shows from users. And this forum is another deep well of information.  Just look through topics and you'll be amazed the knowledge you can pick up here.  You can search the forum as well if you're looking for a specific topic.  Welcome to the fun!  It is addicting.

Another great source of info is John Storms.  He is on these boards and has a youtube channel ListentoourLights

• Like 1