Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixcon16 not showing up

Hgrave

I have a pixcon16 I used last year on a trial run with no problem. I plugged it in this year and it found the controller in network preference under find/configure Pixcon16. I checked the j3/j4 box because I was going to use it on LOR mode. Even swapped the jumpers to LOR mode. Couldn't ever get that to work so decided to go back to what I used last year with E1.31. I now cannot find the board at all in network preference or talk to the board. I have reset the jumpers on the J3/J4 port back to ESTA

I am connected through a router with the settings of 192.168.0.1

subnet 255.255.255.0

my computer is set to 192.168.0.2

subnet 255.255.255.0

Pixcon should be 192.168.0.50 since it's been reset to factory default 

I have reset the pixcon16 to factory default and forced it to default IP but still get nothing. Currently green light is solid while the red status light is flashing slowly. I also only show a solid yellow light on the Ethernet port and nothing on the green Ethernet light which I'm not sure if that's normal or not. The manual doesn't give a chart for solid yellow and no green light.

I am running v4.3.18 on the LOR Suite

Any help would be appreciated. This is my first year doing a full show and I am getting frustrated.

Thanks 

Hunter

Hi Hgrave

I am pretty new on this lights world. However did you force your pc to an static IP. Lets say for example the 192.168.0.x one.

Cheers

Sergio

Edited by Sergio

35 minutes ago, Sergio said:

Hi Hgrave

I am pretty new on this lights world. However did you force your pc to an static IP. Lets say for example the 192.168.0.x one.

Cheers

Sergio

2 possible ways

1) Reserve a DHCP IP on your router (DHCP server) by adding  the PCs MAC address to the reserved table.  This is very useful, specially for portable units that are frequently used on other networks

2) change via network settings on your PC :

Network & Sharing Center:  <connected Adapter name>:: Connections-Local Area connection: Properties: HIGHLITE  Internet Protocol V4: Properties: Mark Use the following and FILL IN Both  the Top and bottom sections

• The topic was locked