Light-O-Rama Forums
Randytenn

RT 007 - Paste flowing onto other channels

In the attached image, you can see that there is a large block of blue covering part of the wreath channel, all of the left and right archs (motion effect and member props), and it's all showing as blue.  

This is actually a paste of the color red above, using "paste special all the way to the end" on the left arch member props, and a green paste special on the right member props.  However, it shows up the wrong color, and creates a large block covering the motion effects, as well as bleeding over onto other channels.  

Is there a way to keep these isolate to the correct channel (member props in this case), and also show it as the correct color?  Even before the blue block, you see white and blue colors on hemotion effects.  These are actually red channel effects, and the white section is just red color wash.  

--Randy T.

image.png

Thanks for providing the file! This will be fixed in the next beta release.

The problem occurs when you paste a channel with a DMX Intensity effect onto a motion effect row. The motion effect row ends up with invalid intensity values.

In the example you provided, you can delete the effects on the motion effect rows because you have pixel channels enabled on those props and the motion effects are a duplicate of what is being pasted onto the pixel channels (i.e. they are redundant).

Matt

Matt, Is this the same as the issue I am seeing that I was about to report

If I have a prop channel with 2 motion effect rows and its collapsed, if I copy a few seconds of the motion effect and paste it somewhere else, it pasted it as 3 rows even though I only had an effect in 1 row, Its copying the blank rows and then overwriting them in both props

1 hour ago, brichi said:

Matt, Is this the same as the issue I am seeing that I was about to report

No it is not. The issue in this thread is specific to pasting DMX Intensity effects onto a motion effect row.

If you open a new thread, please provide screen shots. Thanks!

Matt

Matt,

As a clarification, I'm pasting onto the Member Props section, not the Motion Effects section.  I'm not doing anything to the Motion Effects row.  The only other thing I'm doing is using Paste Special, and "all the way to the end of" the prop, so that the color is on all the pixels of the prop. 

This may be a misunderstanding on my part of the software, but I believed you used the Motion Effects row when inserting a motion effect from the software, and that you used the Member Props row when either individually controlling pixels, or turning all of the pixels to a certain color (choosing the color, and hitting "N").  

Is this the correct thought process? 

-Randy

19 hours ago, MattBrown said:

The problem occurs when you paste a channel with a DMX Intensity effect onto a motion effect row. The motion effect row ends up with invalid intensity values.

The member props section is a collection of all of the props and/or sub-groups that make up the group.

Some of the member props had motion effect rows, so you actually were pasting into those motion effect rows and that is where the bug manifested itself.

Matt