Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixels not being controled in SE

dlaird

I used Pixel Editor (PE) to develop four Pixel Props.  When I play back the sequence in PE everything works as expected.  When I open Sequence Editor (SE) the Pixel channels are shown at the end as expected.  When I play the sequence in SE the pixels are NOT controlled.  What have I missed?  As you would expect the sequence also does NOT control pixels when placed in a show.  I am using the latest version of S4 with G3 or greater controllers.

I am using Pixie4 controllers from LOR.

If you start LOR Control Panel then SE gives an error saying it can not control any lights do to a COM port conflict.  With the LOR control panel running I can control all of the Pixels using PE.  This is what gives me confidence that the Props and Controllers are setup correctly.  If I had to guess it would be that SE is not using the Advance network configuration.  But is this was wrong then PE also would not control Pixels.

You cannot have a schedule enabled.  If you get the com error then you will not be able to see your lights in visualizer...

Make sure the schedule is not enabled.  Start control panel.  Start sequence.  You should see your lights in the visualizer. 

Sounds like you need 2 things

start from the beginning.  plug in your USB adapter.  Run the hardware utility and setup your com port.

image.png.ff4c0b32eca78c77eb1f8267c4b106a2.png

second is not to enable a schedule and run the sequence editor at the same time

Edited by sticks4legs

Everything works in the hardware utility and in Pixel Editor.  It is only in sequencer editor that things do not work.

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 1:35 PM, dlaird said:

I used Pixel Editor (PE) to develop four Pixel Props.  When I play back the sequence in PE everything works as expected.  When I open Sequence Editor (SE) the Pixel channels are shown at the end as expected.  When I play the sequence in SE the pixels are NOT controlled.  What have I missed?  As you would expect the sequence also does NOT control pixels when placed in a show.  I am using the latest version of S4 with G3 or greater controllers.

Sent you a pm with my # and times to call. 

I will get you up and running as long as your license level is good.

JR