Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR 2-No sound plays!!! Please HELP!!

Huseman Family Lights

Hello LOR Forums! I know it has been awhile but I’m back and posting.

Ok so here is my issue. I am currently programming wizards in winter for my 2008 show, and when I go to open it the LMS file and play it my song wont play, however the sequence will move. I have tried to edit the media file, but LOR doesn’t allow me to click on that option.

I’m using:

Windows Vista, Home premium

LOR Version 2

Is anyone else having this issue? Is it a Vista Issue or a LOR error? Please help!!

Much Thanks in advance!

Steven Huseman

(nestfernlights)

http://www.husemanfamilylights.com/

Im replying to your post !:shock::shock: however I dont have the answer because im having the same problem with my vista home version LOR 2 so if anyone has the answer I need it too thanks!!!sd jeffrey:P

Im replying to your post !:shock::shock: however I dont have the answer because im having the same problem with my vista home version LOR 2 so if anyone has the answer I need it too thanks!!!sd jeffrey:P ps its happining to about 15 sequences all the rest play just fine!!

Sounds like your media file entry got cleared in your sequence (somehow). Apparently that triggers LOR to treat the sequence as animation instead of a musical sequence and prevents you from adding the media file again.

You'll need to open the lms file in notepad:
Open Notepad
From the menu choose: File / Open
Change Files of Type to: All Files
Find you lms file and open it
Edit to file per the thread below
Save the file (From the menu choose: File / Save)

Here's a thread with instructions on how to correct the musicFilename entry:
http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=16187&forum_id=74&jump_to=150068#p150068

MAKE COPIES OF YOUR SEQUENCES BEFORE YOU TRY THIS. (Believe it or not, you can make the problem worse.)

I have no idea how the files get like this. Maybe this is a domino effect from the path to the music files being changed. It happened to me. But I was playing outside of LOR at the time.