Light-O-Rama Forums

Best lights to wrap trees

kbolin10

Hey guys,

This is my first year to use LOR and I want to upgrade my lights that I wrap around two front trees and two christmas tree-like bushes (not sure what they are called). Anyways, I usually use cheap after christmas sale incandescent mini lights (multi-color), but want to use something different.

I was thinking about using one color for each tree/bush and using LEDs. My question is which LEDs to use. Do I use wide angle? Regular minis? Fairy strings?

i'm looking for the lights to highlight the shape of the trees/bushes and be bright when they move with the music.

Any help is appreciated.

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2017 at 7:28 PM, kbolin10 said:

Hey guys,

This is my first year to use LOR and I want to upgrade my lights that I wrap around two front trees and two christmas tree-like bushes (not sure what they are called). Anyways, I usually use cheap after christmas sale incandescent mini lights (multi-color), but want to use something different.

I was thinking about using one color for each tree/bush and using LEDs. My question is which LEDs to use. Do I use wide angle? Regular minis? Fairy strings?

i'm looking for the lights to highlight the shape of the trees/bushes and be bright when they move with the music.

Any help is appreciated.

Kevin

I wrap all of my trees with 5mm wide angles.

we use mainly M5 style LEDs on all of our trees. We wrap about 30 trees in our yard! I posted in another thread our new process for wrapping the trees. We use a mix of smooth, faceted and the small nub bulbs and they all look about the same from the street, which in our case is over 100' from the closest trees... Most all of our lights have come from Big Lots or Walmart.

• 1 year later...
On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 4:32 PM, rcktpwrd said:

we use mainly M5 style LEDs on all of our trees. We wrap about 30 trees in our yard! I posted in another thread our new process for wrapping the trees. We use a mix of smooth, faceted and the small nub bulbs and they all look about the same from the street, which in our case is over 100' from the closest trees... Most all of our lights have come from Big Lots or Walmart.

Can you put a link to the post of your tree wrapping process please?  Thank you.

Walmart lights, go day after Christmas and they are all 50% off... I have about 80k of these and work just as good as the expensive sealed ones.  As matter of fact, the only ones that have failed on me are the expensive sealed ones I bought.  

7 hours ago, Soupy8728 said:

Can you put a link to the post of your tree wrapping process please?  Thank you.

here are two links for you:

http://forums.lightorama.com/topic/47599-started-setting-up-this-weekend/

http://forums.lightorama.com/topic/44508-chicken-wire-to-hang-lights/