Light-O-Rama Forums

Residential VS Pro?

H3RRS

Hello All,

I am doing my research for my first season, (2018). Can you please explain the main differences between both the "Residential" and "Pro" series controllers? I will be purchasing all of my software and hardware from LOR, so I am just trying to gather all of the information, before I go ahead and make my purchase. 

All help and assistance is truly appreciated!

Kind Regards,
-H3RRS

Unless you have some huge compelling reason not to, go with the residential and save some bucks.

I have 21 residential units that will be in use this year (just added 2 for this year), but had no problems with them the last 8 years.

I have 6 residential, and 1 pro.  Only difference worth noting is the Pro is a lot heavier, which is a con, for me.  However, I don't come close to maxing out any of them, which is where the real difference lies.

I've got around 60 LOR 16-channel residential units, and wouldn't even think about ordering anything else. Save your money and spend it on something that actually makes a difference.

My first two years I bought the pro and then wished I had not.   The case is heavy and hard to mount. I actually think the residentials have aged better since the metal cases get scratches and have removable covers which require screws.

I have no issues with my residential unit for 6 years. Some are inside the garage and others are outside. I just cover the ones outside with a black heavy duty garbage bag.

On 10/27/2017 at 11:41 AM, H3RRS said:

... Can you please explain the main differences between both the "Residential" and "Pro" series controllers? ....

MAIN difference is $80!

• Like 2

• The topic was locked