Light-O-Rama Forums

Alphapix 16 v3- E1.31

G Sawyer

Hi all

I would like some help on setting up this controller , as I have purchased the CCR pixel mega tree kit from HC. All this is new to me. I have been running lightorama  with 12 CCR's. My setup is as follows:

Standard network    01- 16,  with 11 to 16 first 6 CCR. 

Auxiliary  Network  A  17-1c last 6 CCR ,
Auxiliary  Network  B    20 - 23 4 CCR as circles

I have watched a lot of video's on this , downloaded the  lightorama  introduction to DMX and E1.31 for Pixel Control. I have done the ping test. 

What I would like to know is on my SPI PIXEL OUTPUT CONFIGURATION  do I set this up the same in lightorama sequence editor DMX networking? Do I disregard  my old configuration all together?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Glenn

As your topic stated, the Alphapix works on the E1.31 network so the setup is different. The LOR network controllers work with unit ID's whereas the E1.31 network controllers work with ip addresses and universes so the configurations are completely different. Some of the actual controller configs such as RGB orders and settings within the controllers may be setup the same but not the networks.

Please be specific on which settings you have questions about.

• 3 weeks later...

I am in the same situation. I think I have figured this out, but will I need to set 48 channels to control this in LOR Software? 1-3 for each color on each of the 16 CCR? Is that correct? 

3 hours ago, Elo said:

I am in the same situation. I think I have figured this out, but will I need to set 48 channels to control this in LOR Software? 1-3 for each color on each of the 16 CCR? Is that correct? 

Each CCR has 50 pixels, and therefore 150 channels (ignoring for the moment the macro channels which adds 7 more).  So 16 CCRs would be 2,400 channels.