Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie16 with CCR-II

joe3502

To keep it simple assign it a unit number after your previous unit # and maybe even skip a unit or 2 if you may add some. This will make it less confusing.

JR

My 2 16PC units are IDs 1 & 2 so I set my Pixie16 to unit ID 3. So I should maybe put it up to unit ID 5?

9 minutes ago, joe3502 said:

My 2 16PC units are IDs 1 & 2 so I set my Pixie16 to unit ID 3. So I should maybe put it up to unit ID 5?

3 is fine but I’m just giving you room to expand but with only 3 controllers even rebuilding your master config will not be very difficult.

My friend has a difficult job copy pasting and I’m constantly going to his house so last night I place a couple extra units in between and I just left his house showing him he made mistakes since the first one before his pixie has sequence written to it but is not used.

his famous last words “you know I am a programmer anyone can copy paste”

JR

Edited by dibblejr

3 hours ago, joe3502 said:

So how to I keep the regular 16PC channels from controlling the first few pixels?

They wont, its a different controller, unit ID. Its the same principal as the 2 AC controllers. Unit 1 =  Channels 1-16 and Unit 2 = channels 1-16 but they do not control each other because unit ID assignment.

JR

But I have the base unit of the Pixie16 set at 3 but the regular 16PC channels still control the pixels.

3 hours ago, joe3502 said:

But I have the base unit of the Pixie16 set at 3 but the regular 16PC channels still control the pixels.

BTW- what version software are you using? 

I pm'd you my # give me a call tomorrow after 10 am EST and we will resolve this very quickly.

JR

• 3 months later...

Joe.. I know this is an older thread, but saw you were waiting to 2018 to do your ribbons.  Unfortunately, I did not find this thread until after I ran into the same problem as you.  However, in my testing I purchased a ribbon from Holiday Coro.  Their ribbon’s color order is RGB, which matches LOR’s pixels.  

That means that you would be able to run the ribbons and pixels from the same Pixie controller.  You would just need to switch out the pigtail on the controller.

Edited by toddm1919

• The topic was locked