Light-O-Rama Forums
compfire

RGB channel settings problem/missing

Module: Sequence Editor

Software Version:  5.0.10

OS Version: Windows 7

Hardware Used: D-Light Firefli controller

Description:  In S4 Sequence Editor, I was able to edit RGB channel settings to match the controller settings (see picture below).  Now in S5, I can't seem to find the ability to modify it in the same way.  I need to be able to do this to use my old D-Light Firefli controller.

problem.JPG

This is not a bug. All channel setting in S5 is done in Preview Design (Tools > Manage Previews).

Matt

1 hour ago, MattBrown said:

This is not a bug. All channel setting in S5 is done in Preview Design (Tools > Manage Previews).

Matt

The problem is that it will auto assign for the channel numbers.  I need item number 1 to be unit 65 / circuit 1 for red, unit 66 / circuit 1 for green, and unit 67 / circuit 1 for blue.  I was able to assign it this way in S4 but can't in S5.  Again picture attached above, of previous configuration. 

compfire,

I do not know anything about the D-Light Firefli controller, but as Matt says you should be able to set this up in Prop Design. Based on your picture this is how I would attempt to set this controller up in S5. You can choose "Enter a channel for every row" option and fill out the info for Network, Unit#, Start Circuit in the grid below. See Pic.

propdesgin1.png

Hope this helps.

Alan...

4 minutes ago, default said:

compfire,

I do not know anything about the D-Light Firefli controller, but as Matt says you should be able to set this up in Prop Design. Based on your picture this is how I would attempt to set this controller up in S5. You can choose "Enter a channel for every row" option and fill out the info for Network, Unit#, Start Circuit in the grid below. See Pic.

propdesgin1.png

Hope this helps.

Alan...

Thanks, I will give this a try later tonight.

If this works or not please let us know, others may come searching for this same issue.

Alan...

33 minutes ago, default said:

If this works or not please let us know, others may come searching for this same issue.

Alan...

Will do.

10 hours ago, compfire said:

Thanks, I will give this a try later tonight.

Gave it a try but it didn't work.  This is the error message that it gave me:

problem3.jpg

As I said I don't anything about a D-Light Firefli controller. I looked online but couldn't find any documentation.
One thing that seems strange to me is in your original picture it shows that it is using one Unit# ID number for a Red Channel, a Unit# for Green, and another Unit# for Green. That's using a lot of Unit# ID's for three colors.

With LOR controllers, there would be one Unit ID # assigned, and that Unit ID would run 3 channels (or more) ie RGB.
As an example in the picture below
Unit ID# 65 would run 3 channels, channel 1 for Red, Channel 2 for Green, and Channel 3 for Blue
Unit ID# 66 would run 3 channels, channel 4 for Red, Channel 5 for Green, and Channel 6 for Blue
Unit ID# 67 would run 3 channels, channel 7 for Red, Channel 8 for Green, and Channel 9 for Blue

propdesgin2.png

Even this would not be efficient, because each Unit ID# would only be running three channels, when it should be able to run much more than that.

Is it possible you have LOR Unit #'s confused with DMX Universes? Without any documentation on this controller, I can't help much.

Alan...

1 hour ago, default said:

As I said I don't anything about a D-Light Firefli controller. I looked online but couldn't find any documentation.
One thing that seems strange to me is in your original picture it shows that it is using one Unit# ID number for a Red Channel, a Unit# for Green, and another Unit# for Green. That's using a lot of Unit# ID's for three colors.

With LOR controllers, there would be one Unit ID # assigned, and that Unit ID would run 3 channels (or more) ie RGB.
As an example in the picture below
Unit ID# 65 would run 3 channels, channel 1 for Red, Channel 2 for Green, and Channel 3 for Blue
Unit ID# 66 would run 3 channels, channel 4 for Red, Channel 5 for Green, and Channel 6 for Blue
Unit ID# 67 would run 3 channels, channel 7 for Red, Channel 8 for Green, and Channel 9 for Blue

propdesgin2.png

Even this would not be efficient, because each Unit ID# would only be running three channels, when it should be able to run much more than that.

Is it possible you have LOR Unit #'s confused with DMX Universes? Without any documentation on this controller, I can't help much.

Alan...

The Firefli used it own controller, so the number of channels is not a problem.  It worked fine as a LOR unit in S4, just can't set it correctly in S5

I understand the problem. We will work on a fix, but it will take some time. It will NOT be in the next beta release.

Matt

10 minutes ago, MattBrown said:

I understand the problem. We will work on a fix, but it will take some time. It will NOT be in the next beta release.

Matt

Thank you

The work-around for now is to define separate props for red, green and blue. Then you can define an RGB aggregate channel (Sequence > Add RGB Aggregate) for each RGB triplet. This will let you sequence the Firefli bulb as an RGB channel. The only downside is that it will display as separate red, green, and blue bulbs in the preview.

Matt

Note that this is fixed in the production release (5.1.0):

image.png

image.png

17 hours ago, MattBrown said:

Note that this is fixed in the production release (5.1.0):

image.png

image.png

Thank you