Light-O-Rama Forums

C9 strobe light - installation / spacing?

David Wolf

I am wanting to install a bunch of C9 strobes (white) over the entire front of my house.  Does anyone have a recommendion on spacing between strobes (vertically and horizontally) and recommendations on how many strobes per LOR channel?  Thanks

The spacing is entirely up to you, according to how you want it to look.  I don't believe there's any type of standard.

I don't know what the absolute limit is, but I've run 40+ C9 strobes on a single channel with no problems.

Thanks George.  What spacing did you do, by chance?  I was thinking about 3’ x 3’ grid roughly for the strobes - do you feel this is too close?  I’m trying to imagine the effect.  Lots of work to put it all up and decide this looks bad :)  Thanks.

55 minutes ago, David Wolf said:

Thanks George.  What spacing did you do, by chance?  I was thinking about 3’ x 3’ grid roughly for the strobes - do you feel this is too close?  I’m trying to imagine the effect.  Lots of work to put it all up and decide this looks bad :)  Thanks.

It's hard to answer your question(s).  Personally, I don't think it's possible to have too many strobes.  I use ~300 of them, both white and colored, spread out over two adjacent yards.

A few years ago I had a two-story rope light tree mounted on the front of the house.  I put strobes in that one or two years and they were placed a foot or two apart.  I thought I needed more, but I wound up eliminating the prop before going there.  Here's an example.  The strobes begin at approximately 2:30.  I use only xenon tube strobes.  Note that it takes a couple seconds for them to randomize.  LED strobes take longer.

• The topic was locked