Light-O-Rama Forums

Prop Design: Unable to re-create prop in S5 the same as Visualization in SS

Matt, Brian,

I am having a problem with a prop that I can't seem to figure out. In Superstar, I have had my prop set up this way for years. I have always sequenced the Tree and the Pixel together using the grid in the Superstar picture. When trying to re-create this prop for S5 Preview. I run into the problem shown in the second picture.

prop%20ss.png

prop%20s5.png

In S5 Prop Deisgn, if I specify the starting pixel (1) to be at the bottom or top, or if I turn the string 180 degree, it does not seem to matter. The grid will always lay out with the starting pixel (1) on the bottom left, as shown in the picture.
What I need for it to do, is be the same as the SS grid for my S4 sequences to work on it properly. Have I missed something?

TIA
Alan...

Edited by default

Thanks for the pictures - they really help to see the problem!

How is the tree topper defined (Prop Definition)? I assume the tree and the topper are in a group? How is the group defined? So... more screen shots please :)

Matt

Yes they are in a group, but if I just view the Pixel Spinner on it's own, it's grid still shows up that way.
It is kind of goofy how I get the prop to show this way, but here are the the pics.
When I Imported this prop from Visualizer, several legs were bulbs, some were lines connected, and lines unconnected. Very messed up. I changed them all to line unconnected and made it match my old SS grid. I have tried all the Predefined props that I could and none of those got me as close as this.

heh, without pictures this would have been tough to explain. I can send you the prop files if that will help.
Alan...

prop1.png

prop2.png

prop3.png

prop4.png

prop5.png

Yes they are in a group, but if I just view the Pixel Spinner on it's own, it's grid still shows up that way.
It is kind of goofy how I get the prop to show this way, but here are the the pics.
When I Imported this prop from Visualizer, several legs were bulbs, some were lines connected, and lines unconnected. Very messed up. I changed them all to line unconnected and made it match my old SS grid. I have tried all the Predefined props that I could and none of those got me as close as this.

heh, without pictures this would have been tough to explain. I can send you the prop files if that will help.
Alan...

prop1.png

prop2.png

prop3.png

prop4.png

prop5.png

I should have mentioned, I am using the Tree & Spinner Group, to Insert Superstar Efftects.

Alan...

Each star leg should be defined as shown in the following screen shot - then rotated into place. This will at least get the spinner pixels oriented top-to-bottom correctly (so they match S4). I will need to create a new group arrangement to join the 2 groups at the top pixel instead of the bottom pixel.

Matt

default-starleg.png

On 10/24/2017 at 9:25 PM, MattBrown said:

Each star leg should be defined as shown in the following screen shot - then rotated into place. This will at least get the spinner pixels oriented top-to-bottom correctly (so they match S4).

Thanks for that, I thought I had tried every option but skipped over Matrix options, never thought of a 1 string Matrix. :)

I had 4 strings of 9 pixels each, and 8 strings of 8 Pixels each for a total of 100 pixels. Since 100 pixel didn't divide 12 strings evenly, I covered some Pixels with tape and left certain strings 1 pixel longer. Using the matrix option, I was able to "skip" certain pixels and make all strings 8 pixels. Thus making the prop and grid look more uniform. In earlier SS sequence I had never sequenced the extra pixels anyway.

On 10/24/2017 at 9:25 PM, MattBrown said:

I will need to create a new group arrangement to join the 2 groups at the top pixel instead of the bottom pixel.

Thanks in advance for this. Is this something that will be included in a future beta update?

Again Thanks for all your doing, S5 is has become enjoyable to use and all the new features are fun to experiment with, and with the ease of combining SS and S5 Sequencer it's only getting better. :D

Alan...

On 10/26/2017 at 10:52 PM, default said:
On 10/24/2017 at 11:25 PM, MattBrown said:

I will need to create a new group arrangement to join the 2 groups at the top pixel instead of the bottom pixel.

Thanks in advance for this. Is this something that will be included in a future beta update?

Yes, it should be in the next beta release.

Matt

• Thanks 1