Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums
greenie95125

CCR Controllers for sale

Recommended Posts

have 4 ccr controllers with cat-5 patch cords, a weatherproof case (cableguard 1000) and two weather proof power supplies (3.75 amps each) that I'm ready to sell.The strips I used (not included) were cut down to 30 pixels each for my arch size and these power supplies powered all 4 without a hiccup. Full length CCRs may require more juice. I cut the mounting tabs off the controllers so they would fit in the case. Supply your own ribbons, and you're good to go. $125 (includes shipping to the lower 48) gets you the whole lot. You can email me at mgg@pacbell.net.

20170117_180728.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have to use CCR with these or can you use other RGB lights with them? And if you can use other RGB lights, do they have to be “smart” RGB or can they be “dumb” RGB? Trying to get started into RGB lights and didn’t know if this would be a good way to start. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, wicket82 said:

Do you have to use CCR with these or can you use other RGB lights with them? And if you can use other RGB lights, do they have to be “smart” RGB or can they be “dumb” RGB? Trying to get started into RGB lights and didn’t know if this would be a good way to start. Thanks

The controllers are for four wire smart pixels. LOR uses LPD6803 pixels with these controllers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, wicket82 said:

Do you have to use CCR with these or can you use other RGB lights with them? And if you can use other RGB lights, do they have to be “smart” RGB or can they be “dumb” RGB? Trying to get started into RGB lights and didn’t know if this would be a good way to start. Thanks

Like Mr P said, you don't have to use the LOR pixels with them. Just make sure they are the right type.

-Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be prepared for generic LPD6803 ribbons to have the colors wired differently than LOR's CCR ribbons.    You'll need to work around that to get your colors right.

LPD6803 CCR ribbons are wired in the traditional RGB order.  Generics will almost always be different.  I got some replacement 6803 ribbons a couple years ago and they were in RBG order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, George Simmons said:

Be prepared for generic LPD6803 ribbons to have the colors wired differently than LOR's CCR ribbons.    You'll need to work around that to get your colors right.

LPD6803 CCR ribbons are wired in the traditional RGB order.  Generics will almost always be different.  I got some replacement 6803 ribbons a couple years ago and they were in RBG order.

That's true. I went through that myself. Tedious but simple.

-Mikr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sysco said:

how do you get around it can you explain thank you  

In a nutshell, you need to select each pixel in your config and change the circuit numbers so the color order is correct. So, with these controllers assuming 50 pixels each, you would have to do this 200 times (told ya it was tedious). However once your config file is saved, you never have to do it again. Doesn't matter anyway, they sold on ebay.

-Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sysco said:

how do you get around it can you explain thank you  

In a nutshell, you need to select each pixel in your config and change the circuit numbers so the color order is correct. So, with these controllers assuming 50 pixels each, you would have to do this 200 times (told ya it was tedious). However once your config file is saved, you never have to do it again. Doesn't matter anyway, they sold on ebay.

-Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×