Light-O-Rama Forums

Unit ID question

callycoon

Hey guys, 

Have a quick question regarding the Unit ID for my new Pixie2D controller that came with my CCP's this year. I am having trouble making the Unit ID i am assigning via the HU to stick. It keeps reverting back to the original which is one. The problem kept happening but the fix was easy because I had not put my lights up yet, however I thought I resolved the problem, they are now up on the house and ran a test show last night....have two CCP strands with unit ID 1. Obviously this is the same ID as another controller in my set-up. Someone made a mention and I read in the manual that the DIP switches may have something to do with this. I checked and all of the tabs of the switches are in the position with the exception of 8. 1-7 are in the down position and 8 is up or it appears  by the label ON. Is this my problem? I saw that there is a factory default setting. Does 8 need to be pushed down?

Thanks 

Chris 

On controllers that have switches on them for setting the Unit ID, the Unit ID will revert to the switch setting on reboot.. Only use the H.U. to change ID on controllers that DO NOT have hardware switches.  I don't have a Pixie controller so I don't know specifics of that controller and I'm walking out the door so can't download the manual at this time.

18 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

On controllers that have switches on them for setting the Unit ID, the Unit ID will revert to the switch setting on reboot.. Only use the H.U. to change ID on controllers that DO NOT have hardware switches.  I don't have a Pixie controller so I don't know specifics of that controller and I'm walking out the door so can't download the manual at this time.

Jim ~ I believe this is new, I haven't found a Pixie 2 manual in the LOR documentation area. Strange that they didn't group it with the 4/8/16 which until recently all shared the same manual.

JR

If your Pixie has a DIP switch, setting all positions to 'off' means you want the Hardware Utility to set the Unit ID. If any switches are on, then the DIP switch overrides the Hardware Utility setting when the controller next powers up. There is only one manual for all Pixies. The new manual was put up a couple days ago.

2 minutes ago, LightORamaJohn said:

If your Pixie has a DIP switch, setting all positions to 'off' means you want the Hardware Utility to set the Unit ID. If any switches are on, then the DIP switch overrides the Hardware Utility setting when the controller next powers up. There is only one manual for all Pixies. The new manual was put up a couple days ago.

John- Looking in the documentation there is now a manual for all pixies. I haven't opened them to see if they are all exact. That's is why I posted the comment above.

JR

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2017 at 11:18 AM, callycoon said:

Hey guys, 

Have a quick question regarding the Unit ID for my new Pixie2D controller that came with my CCP's this year. I am having trouble making the Unit ID i am assigning via the HU to stick. It keeps reverting back to the original which is one. The problem kept happening but the fix was easy because I had not put my lights up yet, however I thought I resolved the problem, they are now up on the house and ran a test show last night....have two CCP strands with unit ID 1. Obviously this is the same ID as another controller in my set-up. Someone made a mention and I read in the manual that the DIP switches may have something to do with this. I checked and all of the tabs of the switches are in the position with the exception of 8. 1-7 are in the down position and 8 is up or it appears  by the label ON. Is this my problem? I saw that there is a factory default setting. Does 8 need to be pushed down?

Thanks 

Chris 

Yes, 8 needs to be pushed down.  Then you can set ID in HU.

• The topic was locked