Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB 16 addressing problem

James Shelby

I have 9 old CTB 16's in a group on their own network. One card had a connector problem so I replaced it with a factory repaired card from last season. In the "Hardware Editor" I can only see 8 cards. I had set the address of the replaced card to 5E but I could not see it. I connected that card straight to my laptop to find the address as 56 not 5E. I changed the address on the card to different addresses and no change still 56. So I changed the address in the "Hardware Editor" to 5E, reread the card and it came up as 5E. I reconnected the other 8 cards, reread the network to find 8 cards and not 5E. Is the card damaged or is there something I'm missing?

I just reset the card, reread it as 56 but the address on the card is set to 5E. I was seeing a conflict with the first card addressed 56 so I disconnected that one reread the 8 remaining cards found the last card as 56 changed it in the Hardware tool to 5E and reread to find 5E. Reconnected the first 56 now I find all 9 cards. Turned off the laptop, disconnected the network, reconnected everything, rebooted and reread to find all 9 cards. Looks like for now its working. Any ideas as to whats going on or should I change that 5E card to be on the safe side?

If this is a controller that has dip switches to set the controller ID, the switches will be read at boot up - changes to the Unit ID made with the HU will be lost.

I believe the HU instructions said that only one device could be connected during an address change.    I thought that was what you did in post 1.

I've had detection issues in HU. the real test is running a sequence.

What would really be handy is a tool that polls all LOR adapters and reports ID's discovered (and expands the ID blocks used, like on Pixies)

<bulb> If this utility was non-blocking, it could be used as an LOR device now missing (or un powered)  alarm

Thats what had me stumped as in post 1. No matter what the dip switches were set to the HU came up with 56 as the address. As of right now its working but the dip switches still don't work. Makes you go hummmmmmm. I should be able to fire up the show tomorrow night for the first time this season and we will see if it works.

• The topic was locked