Light-O-Rama Forums

I am running the S5 Beta 5.0.8

1. When I am finished creating a sequence in SE, is it necessary to create a playback file before I can run the lights?  I tried creating the playback file and it came up with a message that I have conflicts.  When I checked out the conflicts, everyone of them were due to multiple props using the same Unit & Circuit.  I thought that props sharing the same channel was permitted in the 5.0.8 version.
  2. How can I let S5 know that it is okay to share props so that I can successfully generate the playback file to run my lights?  I am getting in a tight bind since I have to get this working for a Halloween display.
  3. I have a Falcon control board (F16S2R with extension board) that I want to drive along with my LOR boxes.  I put the RJ485 cable into my Ethernet jack on my laptop and was able to configure and log onto the controller for my Mega Tree (24x50).  I was even able to run the onboard test program and verify that all my lights are working.  When I ran the sequence from SE, it didn't do anything.  Is this because I need to generate the Playback file first, setup in Show Builder and then run the Show on Demand?  OR  Is there something else that I am missing to make this happen?

Oops, I missed one more.

1. I have a channel conflict due to an error that I made in S4 and now has jumped out at me in S5.  I made the mistake of selecting a wrong Unit ID & Circuit for 1 of my props which I missed last year.  When I created all my props in S5, I selected the correct Unit ID & Circuit.  When I converted a song from last year into S5, the result was that the wrong configuration from last year generated a channel conflict because it was shared by another prop.  The correct configuration was sent to the archived props because the Unit ID & Circuit were not found in the converted sequence.  How do I fix this?

40 minutes ago, SteveBrighton said:

I have a Falcon control board (F16S2R with extension board) that I want to drive along with my LOR boxes.  I put the RJ485 cable into my Ethernet jack on my laptop and was able to configure and log onto the controller for my Mega Tree (24x50).  I was even able to run the onboard test program and verify that all my lights are working.  When I ran the sequence from SE, it didn't do anything.  Is this because I need to generate the Playback file first, setup in Show Builder and then run the Show on Demand?  OR  Is there something else that I am missing to make this happen?

Steve, do you have the DMX universes that you are running on the Falcon set up in Network Preferences?  Make sure the parameters match (Unicast vs multicast, IP address if Unicast).

I wasn't able to set them the same way because on the Falcon board, the addressing kept climbing.  For instance, Universe 1 Address 1 - 512, Universe 2 Address 513 - 1024 and so on.  In LOR, the Network Preferences under DMX would only let me use 1 - 512 for each universe.  It wouldn't accept 513 as the start address for universe 2.

I've never used a Falcon so I don't know how they are configured, but a DMX universe can't have more than 512 channels.  Sounds like they are doing some non-standard numbering to make it "simplier" (except it's not).  You will have to get input from someone who has used a Falcon controller in order to figure that one out - or maybe the Falcon documentation will answer it.

1 hour ago, SteveBrighton said:

1. When I am finished creating a sequence in SE, is it necessary to create a playback file before I can run the lights? 

If you have your controllers setup on the same PC you are sequencing on you can run the lights thru the Sequencer. Under Tools, click the "Control Lights" Option. Turn on LOR Control Panel and play the Sequence, the lights should play on your props.

If you run your show from another PC, move the your sequence.play.lms file to a directory on your show PC, then run Show Editor, and point it to that sequence. The first time it is run, it will take a tad longer to load and play because it create .lcs (compressed file. In the future, the Sequence will load quicker because it will the .lcs (compressed) file to play your sequence.

1 hour ago, SteveBrighton said:

1. I tried creating the playback file and it came up with a message that I have conflicts.  When I checked out the conflicts, everyone of them were due to multiple props using the same Unit & Circuit.  I thought that props sharing the same channel was permitted in the 5.0.8 version.
  2. How can I let S5 know that it is okay to share props so that I can successfully generate the playback file to run my lights?

They are allowed as long as you have set them up properly. See my post in this thread that shows how to set up multiple props.

Hope this helps.

Alan...

Edited by default

Thanks to "default", "Matt T" and "k6ccc" for all your help.  I was able to resolve all my conflict warnings, generate the feedback file, make communication with the Falcon controller and watch it run using the Control Lights function.  The only additional thing I had to figure out was the proper address numbering system to get the Mega tree to be operating properly.  I finally got to bed at 1:40am, but then we all know what that's like when you're on a roll.  Success is sweet!

My number 4 question is the only thing I need to figure out with my Christmas Preview.

On 10/23/2017 at 7:09 PM, SteveBrighton said:

I have a channel conflict due to an error that I made in S4 and now has jumped out at me in S5.  I made the mistake of selecting a wrong Unit ID & Circuit for 1 of my props which I missed last year.  When I created all my props in S5, I selected the correct Unit ID & Circuit.  When I converted a song from last year into S5, the result was that the wrong configuration from last year generated a channel conflict because it was shared by another prop.  The correct configuration was sent to the archived props because the Unit ID & Circuit were not found in the converted sequence.  How do I fix this?

Glad you got everything else figured out! 

I assume you have a prop with the correct channel already configured in your preview. Then for each sequence, copy the entire row for the archived prop to the correct prop. As you do this you can delete the archived prop by right-clicking on the archived prop name and select "Remove Archived Prop". Archived props are part of the sequence, not the preview, so deleting an archived prop from one sequence will NOT delete it from any other sequence.

If you have many archived props, it is more efficient to use Sequence > Manage Archived Props.

Hope that helps,

Matt

I am having a problem getting my pixel sequence to transfer over when I use the Show Builder. I am using version 5.0.14. The rest of my show works just not anything with the Pixels. I use an G3-MP3 Gen 3 for my shows and am using NET 2 in enhanced mode for the pixels. The pixels are a Tree Kit from LOR and I have tested it and programed it to be Unit 5 (since I already have 4 controllers) on Aux A. It is also selected with the prop in the sequncer

8 hours ago, mqoa2005 said:

I am having a problem getting my pixel sequence to transfer over when I use the Show Builder. I am using version 5.0.14. The rest of my show works just not anything with the Pixels. I use an G3-MP3 Gen 3 for my shows and am using NET 2 in enhanced mode for the pixels. The pixels are a Tree Kit from LOR and I have tested it and programed it to be Unit 5 (since I already have 4 controllers) on Aux A. It is also selected with the prop in the sequncer

You should use the LOR Hardware Utility to create your SD card -- go to the "LOR MP3" tab.

Matt