Light-O-Rama Forums

Chicken wire to hang lights...

rcktpwrd

For the past few years my wife got herself dizzy winding/wrapping the light strings around our tress. This year we decided to use plastic mesh/chicken wire and attach the lights to that and then use bungee cords to hold the mesh to the trees. The idea here is to save time in the future on the removal and installation of the lights and to also put more light towards the street. This will also allow us to have the light go higher up the trees with the same amount of light strings. The installation is a bit time consuming now as we have to ziptie all the strings to the mesh, this is taking about an hour or so per tree, but come next year each tree will take a matter of minutes to setup! The removal will only take a few minutes per tree. For storage we plan on hanging the mesh matrices in our shed at the end of the show season.
Here are some pictures of what we have been doing:

0gjJoEKl.jpg

3IaRTs3l.jpg

nM7LqnBl.jpg

dm0IeoJl.jpg

We have a few different styles and sizes of mesh that we got from Lowes for less than 10 bucks per roll.

Love this idea. I have a different route that I'm going to be implementing this holiday season, I'll share with you when it comes time to put it out!

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Oh man, I can't see the pictures from the original post. If you still have them, could you repost? New and that idea sounds awesome, Thanks! Nevermind I'm at work and I think they have it blocked. I'll check when I get home.

Edited by airborneSRT
  • Haha 1

The pictures are still there. They probably have Imgur blocked...

Edited by rcktpwrd
speeling ;)

12 hours ago, rcktpwrd said:

The pictures are still there. They probably have Imgur blocked...

I still see them. His work must of thought it was a virus....

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Finally got a chance to see, what a great idea, I wish I had big trees to use that on, I have one tree that i have to wrap because its at the very front of the display and you can see almost all the way around it and its not that big around either.

Edited by airborneSRT
  • Thanks 1