Light-O-Rama Forums

Power Suppplies On or Off?

Little_b

In the past I have used Dumb RGB strips and have left the Power Supplies running all the time since only the controller had the power when not in use.  Now that I have mostly Pixels I wonder if there are any issues leaving it on all the time with power running through all the strips/nodes.  What are your thoughts?

Same here.  The Christmas stuff gets powered up in early November and stays powered until it gets taken down in January.  The year round landscape lighting stays powered 24 x 7 x 365.

I'm another that leaves them on through the show season.  Only issue I have found is with the cheaper power supplies that run the fan constantly, the bearings in the fan begin to make a little noise.  $10 bucks off ebay for a lot of 10- 2 pin fans made that an easy fix.

I have 3 HC weather resistant 12V supplies mounted OUTSIDE  (on back) the CG1500. I leve them plugged in. The fans don't run with lights in standby (no show running).

I don't unplug any of my gear once the show is setup. Unless we are getting really bad rain or something along those lines.