Light-O-Rama Forums

Using smart phone to control your show. Time to enroll in MIIP.

ItsMeBobO

Does this ever happen?   You are standing out front talking to someone and you want to show them a particular song...but you can't.   The show player has them in a locker order.   You have to think, hmm.  that one is two or three from now and plays about every xx minutes.   You could run up to the show computer and stop the show to start a song on demand.  But the usual thing to do would be ask them to wait with  "they are all good".

OR 

If you have MIIP installed on your show computer you would just tap that song on your smart phone and it will be queued to play next.  

MIIP Provides for free.

A web site with your display name on it,  your songs,  your play times.   For you and your guests to pick a song.   You as the site owner can control more things with the password.

Site is completely customizable to your desired colors and fonts.   Add your message and links using the members only pages. 

There are several videos at this link for those who are curious.  https://vimeo.com/album/3334015

Click for member documentation.     <-   MIIP requires enrollment to function.  This link tells you how. 

• Like 1

Bob, hopefully my accounts still good. I have some extra time this weekend to attemp the implementation.

first I have to figure out why my show computer plays 3 sequences and then just stops.

My laptop will play forever but my desktop is at question. Any ideas?

JR

Edited by dibblejr

• 3 weeks later...

Good reports have come back that MIIP is working with .play files.      If you wish to add phone control to your show with miip its not too late. 

I feel 100 percent confident with MIIP and S5. Played my show through all the way during the day this past weekend. All 101 sequences played as expected. Great job getting it to work Bob. I would have had to go back to S4 if it didnt work. Thanks again for an awesome program. Now I need to spend some time with the new features.

• 2 weeks later...

I spent a good part of Sunday and Monday getting MIIP setup on my new show computer, with some followup testing Tuesday and today.  That and a whole bunch of E-Mails back and forth with BobO.  Once I figured it all out, the capabilities are really great.  Although I may have found a bug, but it appeared that I was doing a couple things strange together to cause it to happen.  Although I am going to run a standard LOR show on opening night because I do want a specific order of the songs, starting on day 2, I will be running MIIP.  I even figured out an interesting work-around to the maybe bug that I will test later tonight

A really huge Thank You to BobO for answering all my questions while I figured it out...

MIIP has new 2017 options to play an opening song and closing song for a show.   In some setups the closing song is playing first.    After my setup I may be able to fix that. In the mean time if you desire a closing song you can schedule a hidden show with one song after your main show. 

Bob I am in the same boat as DIbb(above) hope my account still works, I sent a request to reset password and get this up and going. though I only have 3 songs this year with my new pixel tree, I am very excited. As you may recall my son developed epilepsy so I couldn't run my show at all last year. Now we have meds figured out and he is under control so we are ready to go at it again. Thanks for all the time you put into this for all of us. 

Miip will work with three songs but it you wont see much voting.

Its hard to find your account without a name, email, or site code!          Found it and reset your account and sent email to your last known. 

Edited by ItsMeBobO

• 11 months later...
26 minutes ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Time to enroll in MIIP for 2018 

Ive still got it on my show computer but never tested it. Would my account info still be the same? I have to search my archives for that email.

Adding the RGBs floods and outlines has put a damper on my sequencing plan. Much more work now. This may be the perfect opportunity since I can add songs as they become available.

Now if someone has some donor RGB sequences, man I could really add some to it.

I just read above and I replied in 2017 with the same question about account info. LOL

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Thank you Bob saw the email passing through the screen.

With some of the show editor problems I was having 2 years in a row, maybe this will work better. 

I know I will have questions since after setting it up I haven't used it. Is it open for testing now?

JR

I have been using it for several weeks, now. There is an update to get the first time you run it, but everything from last year should still be there. Don't forget to log in on the Member Tab

1 hour ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Anyone else for MIIP? 

As soon as I get a few sequences ready I will log in. I still have one loaded from last year. I will have to remove that since it will not work on my new config.

JR