Light-O-Rama Forums
Diveau

S5 Visualiser

Could you give me some info on S5 Visualiser? When I import my Visualiser file from S4 it give me an error message,

“These channels had no match in the preview and have been archived. This means they can still appear in the sequence grid, but they cannot drive lights”.

Does that mean the lights will not work on the display? In S4 this is not a problem. I only want to see certain channels in the visualiser, not everything. Is there a way around it?

S5 Error.jpg

I think your terminology is causing confusion.

S4 uses the Visualizer and S5 uses Preview, they are 2 different things. In S5, the Visualizer is not used anymore. Note if you sequence in SS with .lee files do not get rid of them.

In S4 you could setup a prop (or props) and sequence them in SS then add them to your main sequence in SE.  For a Visual playback, your Visualizer .lee file could be setup for 1 prop or all your props to view them as the sequence played.

As I understand S5, all of your props should be added using the Manage Preview option under Tools. In S5 Preview you will see and sequence all your props on the same preview  (Superstar can be done with S5 or in SS and then imported it into S5)

As far as your channels that have no match, this means there is no prop in your preview that is using any of those channels. If you have a prop in the Preview that is supposed to be using these channels, check to make sure it is setup properly on the Prop Definition page. It is in your best interest to create a proper Preview in S5 to avoid issues later on. ie. make sure none of your channels get archived.

Hope that helps.

Alan...

Edited by default

3 hours ago, default said:

I think your terminology is causing confusion.

S4 uses the Visualizer and S5 uses Preview, they are 2 different things. In S5, the Visualizer is not used anymore. Note if you sequence in SS with .lee files do not get rid of them.

In S4 you could setup a prop (or props) and sequence them in SS then add them to your main sequence in SE.  For a Visual playback, your Visualizer .lee file could be setup for 1 prop or all your props to view them as the sequence played.

As I understand S5, all of your props should be added using the Manage Preview option under Tools. In S5 Preview you will see and sequence all your props on the same preview  (Superstar can be done with S5 or in SS and then imported it into S5)

As far as your channels that have no match, this means there is no prop in your preview that is using any of those channels. If you have a prop in the Preview that is supposed to be using these channels, check to make sure it is setup properly on the Prop Definition page. It is in your best interest to create a proper Preview in S5 to avoid issues later on. ie. make sure none of your channels get archived.

Hope that helps.

Alan...

Thank you for the help, best for me is to build it over in S5 and stop to be lazy LOL.

I have sorted the channel problem out, there were no channels allocated to them.

You can import your old visualizer file into S5 to create a preview.  Mine works just fine on some testing.  Hopefully that might save you a little work than starting over.  When importing an old sequence just select the option to use a visualizer.  

Once your preview is created S5 will remember it.

Edited by sticks4legs