Light-O-Rama Forums

Play a sound effect at points in animated sequence?

JetForMe

I think the answer is "no," but is there any way to play a sound effect at points throughout an animated sequence?

If not, can I play a short (3 second) musical sequence between animated sequences, and have the lights transition smoothly between them?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, JetForMe said:

I think the answer is "no," but is there any way to play a sound effect at points throughout an animated sequence?

If not, can I play a short (3 second) musical sequence between animated sequences, and have the lights transition smoothly between them?

Thanks.

As you stated, no.

As for the second question, no, you will have a pause as one sequence ends and the other begins and then back.

You can always use Audacity to creat your own sound file and then load it as a musical file. I created one that has lightening, door creeks and rattling chains then created a musical file with it and use it as a pre-show sequence.

25 minutes ago, JetForMe said:

I suppose I could do that. It'll be a heckuva music file (an hour long?), but I guess that would be one way to do it.

As suggested, create a music file that has mostly silence with the few sounds that you want.  FYI, my year round landscape lighting sequences are all musical sequences that have an audio file that is four minutes of silence.

For a variety of reasons, I would recommend breaking your animation sequence into more manageable lengths.  That would make your music files a lot easier to deal with.

27 minutes ago, JetForMe said:

Of course, all this would be easily solved if I could just script the LoR controller (i.e. talk to it directly).

Not likely.  The controllers do not generate audio - the show computer or director does..

No, but my script to do anything it needed to do, including things like "on for a random interval of 5-8 minutes, flicker and play sound effect, repeat."

Edited by JetForMe

• The topic was locked