Light-O-Rama Forums

printing channel configuration

woodinvillejohn

I'm sure you guys that have lots of pixels have run into this before.  I have until this year used standard LED strings and when I wanted my channel lineup printed out i just got into Channel Configuration and hit the print button.

This year i added a Pixcon 16 controller and some RGB arches.  When I hit the print button I get a printout showing 4800 channels on the Pixcon board.  Is there a way to print this out showing only each of the 16 channels on the Pixcon 16 board and not have each individual pixel treated as a channel?

Thanks

John

3 hours ago, woodinvillejohn said:

This year i added a Pixcon 16 controller and some RGB arches.  When I hit the print button I get a printout showing 4800 channels on the Pixcon board.  Is there a way to print this out showing only each of the 16 channels on the Pixcon 16 board and not have each individual pixel treated as a channel?

Terminology here.  Each individual pixel IS three channels.  The 16 outputs from the Pixcon16 ARE NOT channels.  The software is doing exactly what it should be doing.  Now, as for updating your channel listing, I would suspect that most of us with larger displays keep documentation outside of LOR for their channel layout.  I use a spreadsheet that has several tabs - one has just the controllers and what network that controller is on, another has all the LOR channels (except that my CCPs are listed as controller 21 channels 1 - 150 for example).  Another tab has my E1.31 controllers.  Each of the E1.31 controllers has a tab that shows the layout of that controller.  If I remember this evening (while I'm watching the Dodgers beat the Cubs)  I'll do some screen captures and post them.

BTW, in my case a printout of the channel configuration in Sequence Editor would be REALLY boring since there is only one channel in each sequence - the other almost 6,000 channels are in an Intensity File from SuperStar..

• Like 1

• The topic was locked