Light-O-Rama Forums

Using RGB strips and wiring to my pixie 16 controller

jordan26111

Just started this year with light o rama. Now I purchased a pixel tree kit but cut the strips to the size I wanted for my tree. Now with the rest I’m lining the roof of my house so I purchased a pixie 16 controller for these. I soldered about 18ft  of my strips together with pigtails as well but when I went to test them using only 4 of the 16 ports and using the light o rama hardware software only port 1 and 2 light up. Not sure what the deal is but I really need some help as I want to string the lights up next week. Thanks. 

Check your connections first. Even if they feel tight. Some of us got backward tightening connectors.

Did you cut/ soldier these strings or were they factory and in modified?

JR

14 hours ago, jordan26111 said:

Just started this year with light o rama. Now I purchased a pixel tree kit but cut the strips to the size I wanted for my tree. Now with the rest I’m lining the roof of my house so I purchased a pixie 16 controller for these. I soldered about 18ft  of my strips together with pigtails as well but when I went to test them using only 4 of the 16 ports and using the light o rama hardware software only port 1 and 2 light up. Not sure what the deal is but I really need some help as I want to string the lights up next week. Thanks. 

First of all, are you SURE you soldered the ribbons correctly?  Have you tried all your modified ribbons on the two working ports on the Pixie 16?

If YES to the above, what is your LOR software level?  If less than Pro, you should upgrade to Pro.

Lastly, are the Unit IDs on the controller set correctly?  From wherever you start, for example beginning from Unit ID# 05 or Unit ID# 1A, the Pixie16 uses 16 consecutive Unit ID's - one for each output.  These will all need to match your sequences perfectly.