Light-O-Rama Forums

Tutorial: An Easy to Import Superstar .sup files into S5 Sequencer

Thanks for the help again Brian! I got it to work after realizing I was not following your directions exactly. 

[What I did wrong] -> I was opening my SuperStar sequence (up to step 4) doing 'Save as' inside of SuperStar to a specific folder (to save the file I opened), then when I followed step 5-6 I got an error.

[What to do] -> Do not save the file in SuperStar, open the sequence you want to pull in S5 and close SuperStar without saving anything. Only save when prompted in S5.

Hi There, new to pixels and have a bit of a newbie question I purchased a LOR 16X25 Tree and I am trying to get a sequence that someone gave me to play on it.  I have a S5 Pro license and just watched the video on how to import a .sup into S5.  All seems to work straight forward until I get back into the Sequencer and I get an error that says "Effects received from SuperStar, but cannot be displayed in the Sequencer."  Is this because I don't own a license of SuperStar?  And if so how else would I import .sup sequences into S5?  Thanks in advance.

Yes, it is because you don't have a SuperStar license. To export a sequence from SuperStar for the 16x25 tree you would need the 8 CCR SuperStar license. Since what you have is a .sup file, the only way you can produce a sequence that you can play to your lights is by having the appropriate SuperStar license. However if you get the exported .lms from the person that gave you the sequence. Of course, if it is a sequence they purchased from someone else then I would encourage you to purchase the sequence from that person as well.

• Like 1