Light-O-Rama Forums

Time to Buy LED Lights?

H3RRS

Hello All,

After years of thinking and contemplating, I have finally decided to dive into the holiday displays. I have done a bit of research, but still have a lot to do and there is no better place, then LOR. I will be purchasing my lights in the upcoming months and post season, to prepare for the 2018 season. 

My question is: 

When do YOU buy your lights. Pre-season, mid-season, post-season? How long after the holiday season is the best time to get lights at a good price? I'm investing in only LED, as I believe it will benefit me now and in the long run. It will be a small show, as it's my first year, but I am looking at around 10,000 lights. 

Any and all help will be truly appreciated. I will be purchasing only LOR products (Controllers, software.) I am looking forward to being apart of such a great community! 

Thank you all!

-H3RRS 

Most of the sales begin after the first of the year ,Holiday Lights Express. Has very high quality lights and good pre sale prices after Christmas .

LOR has a sale in April that has good prices on controllers but it is limited stock so first come first serve. They sell out quick so be prepared and make sure you sign up for email notices to get the sales info.

13 hours ago, TBS99 said:

LOR has a sale in April that has good prices on controllers but it is limited stock so first come first serve. They sell out quick so be prepared and make sure you sign up for email notices to get the sales info.

I did hear about this. Thank you so much! I am signed up :) 

15 hours ago, TheDucks said:

Store closeouts can happen Xmas day or the next if you want to score basic (1/2 wave) strings at 50% off.

Thank you!

15 hours ago, Dennis Laff said:

Most of the sales begin after the first of the year ,Holiday Lights Express. Has very high quality lights and good pre sale prices after Christmas .

Thank you!

-H3RRS