Light-O-Rama Forums

Where to buy connectors for Sandevices E682?

JeffF

I'm looking for the 4-pin connectors used for each channel. I need 16 of them since I had some weird kind of galvanic corrosion happen over the off season. Really odd thing that I'm happy was just contained to the wire side of the connector.

Searched a few parts places but didn't have any luck.

Hoping someone here has a source.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_332.jpg

The ones that Mr. P referenced look right to me.  If not, send an E-Mail to Jim at SanDevices.  He can send you a part number that can be ordered from one of the electronic parts houses.

BTW, where did the original connectors corrode?  I'm curious since I use three E682s for Christmas, and two E6804s year round.

The wires are all corroded in the screw terminals. The screws can be backed out but the wires are "stuck" in the connector and break when I try to remove them. The corrosion has traveled up the wiring anywhere from an inch to three inches. I've never seen this happen before. I guess I could have gotten a bad batch of wire but I've used this wire for other things and it hasn't done this. Like I said, oddball stuff IMO.

E682-corrosion.jpg

Luckily I had a spare E682 here so I scavenged the connectors from that one for now. I ended up stripping back 6" of wire for the new connectors and also added a bit of dielectric grease to each wire before screwing them down. Will check how they look at the end of the season.

And thank you for the link Mr. P! :-)

5 hours ago, JeffF said:

The wires are all corroded in the screw terminals. The screws can be backed out but the wires are "stuck" in the connector and break when I try to remove them. The corrosion has traveled up the wiring anywhere from an inch to three inches. I've never seen this happen before. I guess I could have gotten a bad batch of wire but I've used this wire for other things and it hasn't done this. Like I said, oddball stuff IMO.

E682-corrosion.jpg

Luckily I had a spare E682 here so I scavenged the connectors from that one for now. I ended up stripping back 6" of wire for the new connectors and also added a bit of dielectric grease to each wire before screwing them down. Will check how they look at the end of the season.

And thank you for the link Mr. P! :-)

JeffF  check this place for the connectors he has the right ones        AJ's outlet

• Thanks 1

Dennis-No link.  Possible to add a link?

Mr P - The Sans and LOR connectors are not the same.  I have both and they don't fit. 

K6CCC - I contacted Jim a year or so ago.  He offered to send me some connectors for a PayPal charge. But he didn't give me a p/n or source. I would prefer to have a different source so I can order parts without bothering him...or relying on him to get the email and ship to me in a timely manner.  Never had an issue like that but a different source just makes me feel "safer". 

Sax

2 hours ago, sax said:
thats the link look in the store and he has 2 different connectors blocks he tells what they fit  falcon and e682 and another for lor
Edited by Dennis Laff
  • Thanks 1