Light-O-Rama Forums
rrodgers

RDR01 - Show Editor causing "error with sequence"

I have S5 (ver 5.08), running on a Windows 7 Home edition.  I'm using smart LED strips controlled by a Pixlite 4 board.  I'm utilizing a video projector to display video through a window (projector inside the house).  I have a two monitor set-up.  The main monitor and an extended monitor.  My show only has one musical sequence. The sequence is approx. 8:30 long. I have tried using wma and mp4  formatted files of the same video source in the sequence.

In the Sequence Editor, I located the video player (maximized window) in the main display and also tried the extended display.  (In following the procedures from S4, I  went into video preferences in the sequence editor and selected the first option, played the sequence, then went back into the preferences and selected the second option)  In playing the sequence in the editor, everything worked as expected. 

I saved the file then created a playback file (see attached - could not attach .lid file)  On the initial play of the show, the music and lights will work as expected.  The problem (in regards to utilizing a video projector that depends on a full screen display) is that the video player always opens only in the main monitor in a minimized state.  (As stated before, I've used to difference sequences that would display in the extended monitor and the other to display on the main monitor). 

If I leave the player in the minimized state, the lms file will loop (as expected).  But, if I maximize the window (to enable the projector to fill the window with the desired video) and when the sequence ends the sequence attempts to loop but fails, I get the following error" "ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Error playing media file.....)"

Thanks 

Halloween2017_A.play.lms

14 hours ago, rrodgers said:

I have tried using wma and mp4  formatted files of the same video source in the sequence.

I think, you are suppose to use AVI uncompressed as the video source. Try converting it and see if it helps. If you need help converting it, pm me and I can probably help.

Alan...

converted to AVI.  Don't know if it really helped, but I also changed the method on enlarging the media player.  Instead of hitting the "maximize" option on the media player, I just dragged the horizontal and vertical edges to get full screen.  After the first loop, the horizontal size was correct but, the vertical size reverted back to a small dimension.  It did loop the sequence, as expected.  After the second loop (I dragged the vertical size to full height, on the next loop the windows media player the dimensions were the correct size, as desired.  Unfortunately,  the next night the windows media player was back to the small window.  During the first loop, I resized by dragging the edges.  Throughout the show, the media player stayed at full height.  Thought it was fluke on the incorrect size.  Didn't touch S5 since the end of last night's show.  Tonight, it started in the small window again.  

I can work around the issue by not turning on the video projector until it is dark which gives me enough time to resize media player. 

On 10/14/2017 at 12:11 PM, default said:

I think, you are suppose to use AVI uncompressed as the video source.

That is only for the movie effect. The media file that you specify for the sequence can support a variety of video formats including WMV, MP4, and AVI (compressed or uncompressed).

The problem is that in the S4 Sequence Editor, you could specify the monitor for full-screen video playback by the Show Player. This was missing from the S5 Sequencer, but will be part of the next beta release. It will be in Tools > Preferences > Sequencer under the Video tab.

Thanks for reporting the issue!

Matt Brown

I have been running with the setting in tools on full screen.  The video still reverts to a small window every other or 3rd cycle of the show.  This has been a problem for me before S5 switching from dual monitor to a single monitor setup mitigated the problem somewhat.  Changing computers and video cards does not help.

14 minutes ago, T34 Flyer said:

I have been running with the setting in tools on full screen.  The video still reverts to a small window every other or 3rd cycle of the show.  This has been a problem for me before S5 switching from dual monitor to a single monitor setup mitigated the problem somewhat.  Changing computers and video cards does not help.

In the Sequencer, could you please go to Help > About, click the copy to clipboard button, then paste the contents into a PM to me? Thanks,

Matt

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 8:02 AM, T34 Flyer said:

OK.  I've had some success it avoiding/correcting the problem.  I re-exported the file as a H.264 wrapped in a .mp4.  I edited in Media Composer but I know most will use Adobe Premier Pro so I'll start there.  With your project open and timeline selected.  Click File>Export>Media.  With that window open set format: H.264 preset: NTSC DV.  For good measure I would go to the video tab and in the field order drop down select: progressive. 

You can output H.264 files as .mp4 or .mov your looking for .mp4

I have been running a test for 16hrs and the video has not minimized once. 

Hope this helps.

Brad

IMG_1529.JPG

IMG_1531.JPG

Edited by T34 Flyer
  • Like 1