Light-O-Rama Forums

Help sequencing singing faces.

Eric2017

Few different ways of doing this.

- look in a mirror and over emphasize your mouth movements, you can match them up.  (no way I'm looking at myself in a mirror though)

- Do a search in here on papagayo or xlights, both have information and video online

- Check the sequence sharing forum and grab an example from someone, you can see it quickly

- there are vendors that sell sequences

16 hours ago, Eric2017 said:

I am wanting to add a singing face to my christmas display. Does anyone know of any links or videos that could help me learn to sequence the different mouth movements?

Not gonna happen by Christmas if you are just starting out.

As sticks4legs stated above,

The absolute best way to get your feet wet is with papagayo along with watching Bobs tutorials and using his conversion tool. Trust me it is very very time consuming. 

As far as the sitting in front of a mirror, it will not work until you get the basic concept down. You still need to know what the positions do, timings and what to do with words that are right next to each other.

I have never used the mirror method. much to ugly to look at myself in a mirror for 8-24 hours of sequencing.

Yes that's the other consideration, time, it takes a long time. With that said, It would take me 12-16+ hours for a 4 part song using papagayo. I can now do 2 songs in that time without any assistance. Its as simple as knowing what makes things work and how to manipulate.

As far as buying, well search for sharing here, if you don't see it suck it up and buy it or ask me if I have it or if any of my great friends don't have it  put the song on hold and get others. Then in Spring when I start taking free requests ask me to produce it. 

In 2018 I will start taking requests in Jan/ Feb for a shorter time than this year. 

If you need one or two for Christmas just ask me and I wont guarantee but I will do what I can. Keep in mind, if it is FOR SALE at any of the legitimate sellers I will not reinvent the wheel. They sell theirs fairly cheap. If its not a proven company Id stay away. 

If you learn the basics and want some free lessons I created some video tutorials of "my way" however you must already know and understand the basics since I geared them to users that have spent time in papagayo. 

Best of luck, much simpler to ask or purchase from a legit business.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

I have been sequencing singing faces for 5 years.  I use the sequence editor.

I tried papagayo....cutos to Bob-o for creating this.  I found it wayyyyy tooooo complicated.

I use only upper, middle, lower and O.  So when sequencing most of my faces go from upper to lower using medium between.  To me this is natural motion when any person speaks. The extra mouth shape of oblong o just does not look natural to me.

That said, many will disagree.  Each to their own. 

Learning faces can be time consuming. Last Monday in 6 hours I programmed 4 face songs for 4 faces.  In truth it wasn't even 6 hours of total work....meaning I took breaks in that 6 hours.  My first year it took much longer for one song.  But believe me when I say it gets easier.

Tips....copy and paste works great.  Chorus, repeated phrases etc get the copy treatment....fine tune as needed.  I also sequence in half speed....mark the high of the word and fill in the sides after the phrase.  I then come back to the song at normal speed and add the o's where needed.

The 4 songs I sequenced were cars, old toy trains, don't stop the music and ride like the wind.

You have time to learn and create some face sequences.  Don't despair.  And even if it isn't perfect you will be learning and can always come back and work on it.

• Thanks 1

• The topic was locked