Light-O-Rama Forums
JoeFerone

iDMX 1000 Help

This is my fifth year decorating first time using this DMX controller bought it there is really no instructions I went online and tried going from the user manual didn’t really make much sense I got it to work and hardware or utility but I can’t get it to work in sequence editor can anyone help me with this please thanks joe

It's more then likely your channel config in SE if it works in the HU, what are you trying to run and how are the channels set up?

Edited by Mr. P
  • Confused 1

Uh I have 5 normal controller for lights and then I was gonna have the 5th controller go into the DMX one but I was just trying to program a light I had from my dads job to work with it it’s on E0 in HWU but I try to go E0 in sequence editor and it doesn’t do anything 

If the fifth controller is a 16 channel ac  controller it can be controlled by dmx but it can't controll any Dmx lights 

First thing you need to do is re-ID the DMX1000. Do not have it end in "0" (zero) So rename it from E0 to 1-9, E1, A1 but nothing with a "0" that keeps the DMX1000 in what was legacy mode. So it would only support 256 of what is 512 DMX channels in a DMX Universe. Might not be critical, but you should know this. 

The Hardware Utility will see it, if there is nothing wrong with the DMX1000. You have to go into the "Console" which is next to the "Help" and "Exit" button at the top right of the UI. Once in the console you set it up to speak to the DMX1000. If you do a search, you need to ensure you have your Max Unit ID set way out there beyond what you listed as E0.

Next the DMX1000 can be anywhere in your LOR network. You dont need it at the end.

Also, an LOR controller with no modifications (except it has to have one of the newer firmware updates) will react to LOR commands, or DMX. It does not need to be connected in any way to the DMX1000.

All this said, it is sort of assumed you have some fundamental understanding of DMX. DMX is just like LOR, you just have to understand it first. On my website in my signature, I have a How-To page that has some basic DMX presenations I have done over the years at various mini meetings, or Christmas Expo. 

Explain what you are trying to accomplish.

Edited by zman