Light-O-Rama Forums

How to add Pixie4 and pixie8 to visualizer

DLTSLC

Explain like I'm 5 how to add 4 ccr-ii strips to the pixie4 and 8 to the pixie 8 where they have one unit ID number but multiple circuits, each containing 50 pixels. Thanks in advance!!

Pretty sure each port on your pixie will require its own ID. So, yes, Pixie 8 will need 8 unit IDs. I am not speaking from experience here, just what I (think) have read.

As explained to me: (I have yet to do any programs, Still setting up dumb and smart RGB HW)

You assign the base (first) ID for port 1, the next N ID'S get assigned internally for the rest of the ports.

My first Pixie 4 is #5 (6, 7, 8)

the next Pixie 4 is #9 (10,11,12)

51 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

As explained to me: (I have yet to do any programs, Still setting up dumb and smart RGB HW)

You assign the base (first) ID for port 1, the next N ID'S get assigned internally for the rest of the ports.

Ducks,  actually your second Pixie4 would be 9 (0A, 0B, 0C).

4 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Ducks,  actually your second Pixie4 would be 9 (0A, 0B, 0C).

<slap> Of course HEXADECIMAL  numbering is used in all settings

9 hours ago, TheDucks said:

The pixie is just one Unit ID.  Then they have 4, 8, or 16 sub IDs or whatever they call them

The Pixie controllers get as many IDs assigned as they have ports. If you add a Pixie4 you will assign a base ID and the next three are assigned automatically. So if you assign a an ID of 3 the Pixie4 will use 3, 4, 5, 6. A Pixie8 will use 8 consecutive IDs and a Pixie16 will use 16 consecutive IDs.

When you insert a device in SE it will ask for type of controller you tell it Pixie4, 100 pixels per port and an ID of 3. All 100 pixels on port one will be assigned ID 3, all 100 pixels on port 2 will be assigned ID 4 and so on.

9 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

When you insert a device in SE it will ask for type of controller you tell it Pixie4, 100 pixels per port and an ID of 3. All 100 pixels on port one will be assigned ID 3, all 100 pixels on port 2 will be assigned ID 4 and so on.

not trying to hijack but quick question,,,,i have a post open about adding 100 pixels to a port in visualizer w/CCC2. This is basically a pixie 2. I can easily add the channels in SE but how do you add them in VIS? I would assume the process is the same for a pixie 4. 

5 hours ago, Mr. P said:

The Pixie controllers get as many IDs assigned as they have ports. If you add a Pixie4 you will assign a base ID and the next three are assigned automatically. So if you assign a an ID of 3 the Pixie4 will use 3, 4, 5, 6. A Pixie8 will use 8 consecutive IDs and a Pixie16 will use 16 consecutive IDs.

I've got it working on Sequence Editor, I was wondering how to add them on the Visualizer

20 hours ago, DLTSLC said:

Explain like I'm 5 how to add 4 ccr-ii strips to the pixie4 and 8 to the pixie 8 where they have one unit ID number but multiple circuits, each containing 50 pixels. Thanks in advance!!

Not sure what prop you are trying to build but here is a sample of matrix for Visualizer using a Pixie16. Adding your Pixie 4/8 will be the same just fewer strings. You only need to have Visualizer file *if* you are going to use Superstar, which I assume you are.

Here is what the Visualizer of a 16(strings) x 50(pixels) will look like when done. Note on the right side they are labeled "my matrix - CCR 01, CCR 02, etc... For a Pixie4, you will have 4 lines, and a Pixie 8 will have 8 lines.

Capture1a.PNG

To add you Pixies to Visualizer, pick the either the Draw Cosmic Color Pixel Icon to draw 50 pixels one at a time

Capture5aa.PNG

or pick the CCR Draw Wizard Icon to draw a line then tell it to create 50 pixels.

Capture6.PNG

Capture8.PNG

Experiment with which one you want to use for your prop.

When done doing either, double click the last pixel, this will bring up the Fixtures Properties dialog box.

Capture5aaa.PNG

Fill in the info. Make note of the Network and Base Unit ID. The network is going to be what network you are going to run the Pixie from and the Base Unit ID will be the *Base Unit ID number you entered into Hardware Utility*

In my example shown below, I am running this Pixie16 on Network Aux F and the Base Unit ID is 25 (for string 1) my matrix CCR01

Capture2a.PNG

The next string will use the next Base Unit ID, which in this case is 26 for my matrix CCR02.

Capture3a.PNG

The third string will use the next Base unit ID, which in this case is 27 for my matrix CCR03.

Capture4a.PNG

Do this for all the strings you have. ie 4 for a Pixie4 and 8 for Pixie8. Keep in mind the Base Unit ID numbers are hexadecimal numbers. As you pick the Base unit ID from the drop down box use the next ID number available. For instance the next Base unit ID after 09 will 0A instead of 10.

This was real quick intro into Visualizer, play around a bit and you will get the hang of it.

Hope this helps

Alan...

Edited by default

• 2 weeks later...

Even though the original request is for ccrii strips I wanted to add a note for anyone who stumbles on this with other types of lights...

Since this is a pixie, you can add non LOR strips and lights too.  I personally use the draw rgb string tool, and then assign the LOR unit, number of pixels, etc at the end.  .

Great write up by default....but you are not limited to ccr and ccb draw tools.  You can even use single rgb bulb draw tool or the flood tool.  Whatever your prop may be use the correct tool to create it in the visualizer. After creation of a prop you just have to give the correct type of controller and id.  If this is a dmx controller, the same rules apply.   Create the prop with whatever tool you find relevant and then assign the correct id.

And just a quick reminder to be sure to setup the pixie correct in the HW tool as well selecting the correct type of lights and length of pixels.

Sax

Edited by sax

20 hours ago, sax said:

but you are not limited to ccr and ccb draw tools.  You can even use single rgb bulb draw tool or the flood tool.  Whatever your prop may be use the correct tool to create it in the visualizer. After creation of a prop you just have to give the correct type of controller and id.  If this is a dmx controller, the same rules apply.   Create the prop with whatever tool you find relevant and then assign the correct id.

Your right sax,

I did not mention the single bulb draw or flood tool. I just went with the example of a matrix for a starting point, however I still should have mentioned the other ways. Thanks for pointing that out.

Alan...

Good afternoon,

Maybee I am the dumb guy from europe, but which icon is the rgb string tool in connection to the pixie 16?  And I know how to make DMX  strings, and how to make arches for thePixie with the wizard.  That all went well, but my freeform I have still trouble with.

Freeform in DMX pixels is a piece of cake. But for the pixie16 I am not seeing the solution. The draw string icon makes a rgb string, but no pixels, or am I wrong here? the draw cosmic color ribbon tool works ok, I can draw anything I like, but does not get me the option to get the string to 62 pixels.

If I a not clear in what I want, sorry for that, but I hope I am clear enough for now.

Whos brain can I pick?

Dick

The Netherlands