Light-O-Rama Forums

controller board

budslights

I know i am in the minority of lor users but i still keep all my controls mounted inside and run the wires out from there. I am looking to see of the people that do this, if anyone has any pictures of how they mounted all of there controllers. I am running the diy kits with the original 16 channel blue boards and then some planet christmas boards as well. Just wanting to revamp my setup and would prefer to keep them inside since I already have all the wiring made up. thank you

Actually all of my year round landscaping controllers are not in the weather.  For the landscaping, there are two CMB16D DC controllers, one InputPup, and one SanDevices E6804 inside one of my brick columns.  Additionally, there is another DC controller inside a 8x8x4 PVC electrical box, and another SanDevices E6804 inside a 6x6x4 PVC electrical box.  Both AC controllers are inside - one in the attic and one in the garage.  Note that the lights controlled by the two AC controllers are permanent installed lights.

http://newburghlights.org/Landscaping.html

For Christmas, there are three LOR CCP controllers that are outside.  There is on SanDevices E682 in an 8x8x4 PVC electrical box, and another one in one of the brick columns.

If you start at the linked page above, and look at some of the other pages on my website to see some of the other stuff that I do.

I do the same with my 25 controllers, I just like the yard being clear of them.  for mine I went and got a couple 2x4's and a couple sheets of cheap plywood.  I screwed them into the wall creating solid wood wall of plywood.  then screwed the controllers in number order into the plywood.  Mine stay mounted there year round.  Easier then taking them down and storing them somewhere else.  Also If i ever want to test anything i don't have to fish them out.

now for the extension cords, I run them out under the garage door.  My garage isn't fully closed because of the wires going out... so I got a 2x4 to block the rest of the opening created buy the gap under the garage door.

Hope this explains, I don't have any pics right now because I have stuff in front of them right now.

4 hours ago, ericm said:

I do the same with my 25 controllers, I just like the yard being clear of them.  for mine I went and got a couple 2x4's and a couple sheets of cheap plywood.  I screwed them into the wall creating solid wood wall of plywood.  then screwed the controllers in number order into the plywood.  Mine stay mounted there year round.  Easier then taking them down and storing them somewhere else.  Also If i ever want to test anything i don't have to fish them out.

now for the extension cords, I run them out under the garage door.  My garage isn't fully closed because of the wires going out... so I got a 2x4 to block the rest of the opening created buy the gap under the garage door.

Hope this explains, I don't have any pics right now because I have stuff in front of them right now.

Bare line voltage Electronics  mounted against bare wood?  (Remembers performing UL qualification tests on on enclosed electronics: Bare pine board. layer of tissue paper: powered up DUT with UL specified fault inserted , placed on top of that for 8 HOURS.. Goal: No discoloration or charring of either the paper nor the wood.  First run failed spectacularly :o .. in minutes :o:o )   

Or, are these in their LOR (fire resistant) cases? 

Shock Hazards to Visitors (pets or children) or the owners

Wood absorbs moisture and can conduct. at least use tubular spacers.

15 minutes ago, ericm said:

Um in the LOR enclosures mounted to the wood

Cool. answers a lot of issue maybee's.

I keep my controllers (13) in two plywood boxes I made that I put on the roof. Keeps controllers mostly centralized, out of the weather, and off the yard reducing chances of vandalism and theft. Show computer is in a spare bedroom and wirelessly connected to controllers. I use an FM transmitter to get the audio to cars outside (no outside speakers). I can email you pics if requested.

• The topic was locked