Light-O-Rama Forums

My new "Tune To" sign

brichi

Just finished my Tune To sign, I love it, came out really good. I am making 2, 1 for each end of my property ran off a pixie 4, 100 pixel strips in each sign

Edited by brichi
  • Like 2

Agreed - very nicely done. However, more people will probably see it if you move it outside. Just saying. 

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 7:03 PM, brichi said:

Just finished my Tune To sign, I love it, came out really good. I am making 2, 1 for each end of my property ran off a pixie 4, 100 pixel strips in each sign

Really looks good what size is it ?

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, DisneyMatt10 said:

That looks REALLY good!! Can we get a "how to build this" video?? --- Asking for a friend. ;)

thank sguys

I really can't do a video being its already built and sealed so I don't want to take it back apart but I can list what I purchased and how I did it

materials

1. I believe the plexiglass was 18x32 maybe, precut from home depot

2. 2 6 foot pieces of 1x3 wood to cut up to build the Fram to mount the plexiglass to

3. sheet of thin fiber board for the back cut to the same size as plexi

4. full roll of LED strip from RayWu, 5M and obviously a pixie controller to run it

I ran the leds back and forth in the casing and wired/glued down to the back panel as you can see in the pic. 

My mother in law has this cricket machine cutter so I purchased a roll of black sticky vinyl and she cut out the words in revers mirrored so I can stick onto the inside of the plexiglass so now you see the words and clear through the plexiglass but to make it frosted I did 2-3 coats of white spray paint over the clear words so the light looks great shining through

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gf23u3zh28a6fj1/Photo Oct 01%2C 6 00 28 PM.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0xbwx0yj72fz4ic/Photo Oct 01%2C 10 15 31 AM.jpg?dl=0

• Like 1

• The topic was locked