Light-O-Rama Forums

new device Pixie 16D or is the device 16CCR in SE

jmraider

I have two basic questions:

I am trying to program using the SS software.  When I purchased in I only have a 4 ccr license.  I purchased from LOR a 16 CCR tree with controller (Cosmic Color Pixel).  I used the SS instant sequencer , then I wanted to export the .supe  to my main sequence. lms.  At the bottom of my main sequence I added a Pixie 16 device.  Should I have added 16 CCR's instead?  

I currently have in my show 2 CCR's and 1 CCB, planning to add another CCB along with the 16CCR tree.  Does this make sense.  When I tried to export from SS to SE it gave me an error stating that I only have 4 CCR and therefore have to change it in config tools to 16.  It was grayed out.  Does this mean I have to upgrade my CCR from 4 to 24 in order to use the SS?  

58 minutes ago, jmraider said:

I have two basic questions:

I am trying to program using the SS software.  When I purchased in I only have a 4 ccr license.  I purchased from LOR a 16 CCR tree with controller (Cosmic Color Pixel).  I used the SS instant sequencer , then I wanted to export the .supe  to my main sequence. lms.  At the bottom of my main sequence I added a Pixie 16 device.  Should I have added 16 CCR's instead?  

I currently have in my show 2 CCR's and 1 CCB, planning to add another CCB along with the 16CCR tree.  Does this make sense.  When I tried to export from SS to SE it gave me an error stating that I only have 4 CCR and therefore have to change it in config tools to 16.  It was grayed out.  Does this mean I have to upgrade my CCR from 4 to 24 in order to use the SS?  

NO, you can upgrade to the 16 CCR license, and use it to sequence your tree, then use it to sequence your other props separately.

If you want to sequence both your existing stuff and the 16 string tree at th same time, yes you would need a 24 CCR level SuperStar license.  However you could sequence the tree separately with a 16 CCR license as stated in the previous post. 

Thank you for answering the licensing question.

In my sequence editor do I set up the tree device (add device) as a pixie 16 or 16 separate CCR's?  I would like to do animation type designs in the future on the tree if possible.

3 hours ago, jmraider said:

In my sequence editor do I set up the tree device (add device) as a pixie 16 or 16 separate CCR's?  I would like to do animation type designs in the future on the tree if possible.

In SE, you can use the Insert Device and select a device of Pixie 16.  Far easier than doing 16 individual CCRs.

thank you.

Now I am trying to export a sequence from SS into SE.  When I try and export into an existing SE, it erases all of the other channels and content and only exports the SS.  What am I doing wrong?  I have a 16 license now to do it.  Is there an easy way to put the SS directly into an existing SE?

Edited by jmraider

That's the way it works.  If you are trying to export into an existing sequence, there are several ways.  First is to export to a new sequence and then use Copy and Paste to add it the existing sequence.  Next (if you have a Pro level license) is to export into the existing sequence as an intensity file.  The third way is to use it as sub-sequence.

Got it,  Just figured it out.  I am using the cut and paste method for now.

Now I want to figure out how to do animation or figures within the 16 CCR in the tree.  Is there a easy way to figure it out.