Light-O-Rama Forums

Copying a music sequences

fitzer

Hi Guys i'm sure this has been asked numerous times before ,anyway as a newbie and a non computer type person ,here goes again .

Say you download a musical sequences that is running say 90 channels and you are only running 32 channels set up yourself,and you want to take some of the sequence and copy onto your 32 channel set up how is it done .

REGARDS

Mick

Hey Mick,

I'm kinda new at this myself so I may not have the best method. What I do is open the sequence I want to copy elements from and open my new sequence that I am going to copy to (you can have multiple sequences open at the same time). Then I select the sections I want (using the mouse) and copy (Edit-Copy, or CTLR-C). Switch to the new sequence and paste (Edit-Paste or CTLR-V) where you want it.

Hope that helps,

Mike

With LOR II its pretty easy to adapt a sequence to your setup. Just go into each channel you want to use and rename and reassign it to your config. Delete the extra channels and then drag the channels into the order you use.

or

Delete the channels you dont want to use. Put them into the order of your configuration and then import your configuration.

Save it with a new name.

fitz, another way is open the sequence you want to copy. first button on the sequence say left bush. click and add multiable channels. add 32 channels under file click save as the name of the sequence. reason for that is you need the timing and the marks.

now you should have two sequences in you folder. the original and the one you copied. the original you want to keep open and also open the one you copied. import your configuration now you can click on edit select row- click copy- and paste on your copy. when all is done go back to the copied sequence, scole down the copied sequence and delete everything after 33. reason for that is it will clash with your sequence when you connect to the controlers.

good luck hope that helped.