Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel trees

rick gurnee

I bought several pixel trees and have been testing my sequences.  These trees have 16 string of 25 pixels each.  These trees are designed to be seen from 360 degrees and they do look great from any direction you are standing.  However, in my case (as probably in most people's case), my audience will all be in the front of the trees.  So I decided to try reversing the six strings in the back so they pointed to the front.  This really worked nicely.  I was afraid I might loose some of the 3D affect but that did not happen.  Now when I have morphs that go around the tree you really see them go around.

You might want to try this.  It's pretty easy to turn the strings around, so if you don't like it just turn them back.

I went with clear strips for mine to help with this issue.  I probably won't try this as my tree topper and strips are already mounted but I like the idea....thanks for sharing!

Has a lot to do with why I run a flat tree.  The audience is all within about a 50 degree angle as viewed from the front of the tree.

• The topic was locked