Light-O-Rama Forums

Peanuts Prop

B.Y.R.G.

17 hours ago, B.Y.R.G. said:

Wanted to use the RBL's for a different purpose.  Only 3 months till Christmas Eve!

what method did you use to light them, I am doing the four rectangular RGB nodes and can get three to behave but not much more than that.

I'm using two of the same nodes in each light with both facing forward stuck and zip tied to a pvc pipe.  I wasn't to worried about lighting the back side of the light because of the way I'm using them.  The star has 3 nodes in it.  I had to build the star myself as I couldn't find anything on-line that would work for my use.  What do you mean can't get them to behave with 4 nodes?  It shouldn't matter how many you cram into one bulb so long as you got them connected in series and do the proper setup on your channels and such.

9 hours ago, B.Y.R.G. said:

I'm using two of the same nodes in each light with both facing forward stuck and zip tied to a pvc pipe.  I wasn't to worried about lighting the back side of the light because of the way I'm using them.  The star has 3 nodes in it.  I had to build the star myself as I couldn't find anything on-line that would work for my use.  What do you mean can't get them to behave with 4 nodes?  It shouldn't matter how many you cram into one bulb so long as you got them connected in series and do the proper setup on your channels and such.

I am using four nodes per RBL and three on a strand play nice but  add the fourth then their are issues, it is possible I have a short.  Haven't torn them down yet.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, wensteve said:

I love this!!!!!!  Did you make the characters or buy them somewhere? 

Thanks and made them based on a Christmas gift my wife got me last year.  I wanted to use the Really Big Lights for something and thought this was the perfect solution. The link below is an example of the gift.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018N1IZEA/ref=psdc_1095304_t1_B0164JXP98

Ordered 4' x 4' vinyl outdoor grade banners of photos that I took of the characters.  Glued them to thin plywood and cut them out.  Painted the backs of them and used silicone on the edges for waterproofing.  Also used thick aluminum bracing on the back for support.

Edited by B.Y.R.G.

• The topic was locked