Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie 16 help

ironworker1

I bought the 16 ribbon tree with pixie 16 during the spring sale.  I am so lost it is ridiculous. I thought I had it configured, but I purchased a sequence and only the first 6 strings light up.  I have no clue where to go from here and I have been searching the forums all day to no avail.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

13 minutes ago, ironworker1 said:

I bought the 16 ribbon tree with pixie 16 during the spring sale.  I am so lost it is ridiculous. I thought I had it configured, but I purchased a sequence and only the first 6 strings light up.  I have no clue where to go from here and I have been searching the forums all day to no avail.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Your channel configuration. Or your importing from purchased to LOR. Also License level.

What are your current channels?

You should really get 9 channels but we will see. Feel free to pm me. If its easier I will send you my email info.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Ok so in the Hardware software all 16 strands work. But when I got to the sequence editor and play the sequence I downloaded only 6 strands work.  Could it be the sequence I downloaded is not for what I have or maybe I have to reconfigure it?

1 hour ago, ironworker1 said:

Ok so in the Hardware software all 16 strands work. But when I got to the sequence editor and play the sequence I downloaded only 6 strands work.  Could it be the sequence I downloaded is not for what I have or maybe I have to reconfigure it?

If you are trying to use channels 1-16 sequential that is gonna cause you problems. 

Normally its going to be your config rather than the sequence but it can also cause problems too.

Channels 1-9 should be 1-9 after that it will start alpha numeric 

10- 0A

11- 0B

12- 0C

13-- 0D

14- 0E

15- 0F

16- 10

JR

I bought the same thing and was having the same issue. JR is 100% correct and he helped me figure this out also. Just make sure that your channels match the layout of your controllers and you have it set in the advanced settings to use the faster network speed. And you have a PRO version of the software.

Once you get it you'll have that Ah-ha moment and then everything will work!

Chester

Edited by CampbellHouse

4 hours ago, dibblejr said:

If you are trying to use channels 1-16 sequential that is gonna cause you problems. 

Normally its going to be your config rather than the sequence but it can also cause problems too.

Channels 1-9 should be 1-9 after that it will start alpha numeric 

10- 0A

11- 0B

12- 0C

13-- 0D

14- 0E

15- 0F

16- 10

JR

Ok.  Where do I configure my channels like this.  In the hardware utility or in the sequence myself.  Sorry my Sunday has been a bit busier than normal and I haven't had much time to go to the programming.  My kids having me running every where.

Thanks! Gen

Just so everyone can have this I'm posting it here. That way if anyone else has the same issue they can make their channel config. This is after you have set up the pixie16 in the HU. (Hardware Utility)

1- Open SE (Sequence Editor)

2- Select "New Musical Sequence"

3- For MP3 just go find any you have. You are making your channel config

4- Don't worry about the header Info on the next screen however you will need to select a couple things

5- Select "Channel Setup" box

6- Select "Channel Count" and then to the right De select ~ "Using Standard LOR controllers"

7- Bottom right corner of this box select "Some other value"

8- In the empty spot under it type 0.05

9- Under that check "use fixed timing grid"

10- "OK"

11- your working page will open, looks like a big grid paper

12 You should see 8 blue channel buttons 

13- right click on last channel button #8

14- Select "Insert Device Below" we will use below for this but you can select wherever you want your new controller to be

15- Now another box will appear 

16- Name your device "pixie" for this will work

17- Ckick on "Device List" drop down

18_ Select pixie 2/4/8/16

19- I always check "add as group"

20- Pixie Model select pixie 16 from drop down

21- pixels per port you should select 50 for your tree

22- Check Triples RGB RGB RGB

23- Base Unit ID, whatever # you wish to start with "01" if this is your only controller

24- OK

25- Now your working platform should appear with your pixie16 controller.

The + will open it.

The channels have been preset and remember this is the only config for the pixie16

Once you have that and verify it has 16 channels you can delete the original blue channel buttons. 

Just Right Click on each button and select "Delete Channel"

Once this is finished you should have only your pixie on the sequence.

Now we will save your channel configuration for future use.

Top left corner select "Edit"

Scroll down to Import/ Export Channel config

Select Export and you be prompted to name it. Perhaps "My 2017 Pixie Config"

It should save in the LOR root directory. I also have a folder on my desktop for quick reference.

Once saved you will use this each time you create a new sequence. In the channel setup box you would check "Use a saved Channel Config Template" then you will point it to your config. 

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Pm or post your email address. Unless you want to give the above instructions a try.

Also there are things you need to to with that sequence you purchased unless it has an extension of .LMS

Let me know, you have my cell # so you can text or call if you need assistance.

JR

15 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Just so everyone can have this I'm posting it here. That way if anyone else has the same issue they can make their channel config. This is after you have set up the pixie16 in the HU. (Hardware Utility)

1- Open SE (Sequence Editor)

2- Select "New Musical Sequence"

3- For MP3 just go find any you have. You are making your channel config

4- Don't worry about the header Info on the next screen however you will need to select a couple things

5- Select "Channel Setup" box

6- Select "Channel Count" and then to the right De select ~ "Using Standard LOR controllers"

7- Bottom right corner of this box select "Some other value"

8- In the empty spot under it type 0.05

9- Under that check "use fixed timing grid"

10- "OK"

11- your working page will open, looks like a big grid paper

12 You should see 8 blue channel buttons 

13- right click on last channel button #8

14- Select "Insert Device Below" we will use below for this but you can select wherever you want your new controller to be

15- Now another box will appear 

16- Name your device "pixie" for this will work

17- Ckick on "Device List" drop down

18_ Select pixie 2/4/8/16

19- I always check "add as group"

20- Pixie Model select pixie 16 from drop down

21- pixels per port you should select 50 for your tree

22- Check Triples RGB RGB RGB

23- Base Unit ID, whatever # you wish to start with "01" if this is your only controller

24- OK

25- Now your working platform should appear with your pixie16 controller.

The + will open it.

The channels have been preset and remember this is the only config for the pixie16

JR

Oh my gosh.  Thank you it worked! I get it now.  The sequence I was trying to use was not at all setup like this.

13 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Pm or post your email address. Unless you want to give the above instructions a try.

Also there are things you need to to with that sequence you purchased unless it has an extension of .LMS

Let me know, you have my cell # so you can text or call if you need assistance.

JR

My email is genesiaferris@gmail.com.  The sequence I currently have does have .lms at the end of it. 

Let me know if you need any additional help. If you need sequences for CCR tree search for James Morris my great friend. I can also share his work with you. Just let me know,

JR

Just now, ironworker1 said:

My email is genesiaferris@gmail.com.  The sequence I currently have does have .lms at the end of it. 

Open the current LMS sequence.

Ensure you can see 16 channels - it will be black and perhaps you can see some sequencing next to the buttons. Do not open them through the RGB. You only want to see "pixie port 1 -16" in grey channel buttons

Open your new config to the same point

On the LMS scroll all the way to right "end of sequence.

Use your mouse and drag it from pixie port #1 last grid square all the way back to the channel buttons. Now down through pixie port 16. The entire sequence field should be encased by your dotted line or whatever it is.

Now right click - copy (or you can use copy paste on tool bar)

Now go to your new config and put mouse on very top pixie port #1 1st grid (right next to channel button. 

Hit paste- it will take a second but it will load and your tree should sparkle.

Sending you a sequence Veterans Hallelujah, hopefully it doesn't offend you. The MP3 is free from the Arthur's website so it will be included.

JR

Hey JR - So do you normally program in SE? I have my pixie16 tree setup as a model in PE so it shows up as a new track using a saved intensity file. Is this not how most people do it? PE allows me to program easier it seems. Just curious how others are doing it.

Thanks,

Chester

2 minutes ago, CampbellHouse said:

Hey JR - So do you normally program in SE? I have my pixie16 tree setup as a model in PE so it shows up as a new track using a saved intensity file. Is this not how most people do it? PE allows me to program easier it seems. Just curious how others are doing it.

Thanks,

Chester

Me program? No time. My great friend James sequences the CCR trees. I work on singing faces. If I ever get caught up I will sequence. I am learning SS the hard way. As far as PE I made one sequence and my spider and web vis but haven't used it. 

Sorry no help on that question.

JR