Light-O-Rama Forums

Can the same channel Id# be assigned to more than 1 light controller, and does the connection order matter?

Speedster

I haven't even used my LOR for the first time yet, and I'm already planning setups for future Christmases while planning the setup for this Christmas lol. 

I was wondering if it's possible to assign the same channel Id to multiple controllers, in case I decide to have the light show wrap around our house and into our big back yard.  I'd like to have the lights in the back mimicking whatever the front lights are doing.  So with one ShowTime Central setup, can I have light controllers with Ids 1, 2, & 3 in the front, and 3 more light controllers in the back also with Ids 1, 2, & 3?

Also, when connecting everything, does the order matter?  Do I have to connect #1 to the ShowTime Central box, then connect #2 to #1,  then connect #3 to #2 so they're connected in order by Id number?

Order does not matter, and you can have multiple ID's, but it might be a possible source of confusion if you have problems.