Light-O-Rama Forums

power supply

sysco

56 minutes ago, sysco said:

I have a 12volt 30 amp -360 watt power supply will it be enough to run 12 strings of 50 count pixels - 2811

Hopefully your strings are 12V as well.

JR

Yes the stings are 12 volt also can you answer this question my power supply  says    AC input  110       DC output  12 volts-  30 amps  so I just have to plug it into a  15 amp outlet and  into my board and it will run the  12 strings  6 on each bank     hooking up the board using  1 power supply   thank you for your reply  

44 minutes ago, sysco said:

Yes the stings are 12 volt also can you answer this question my power supply  says    AC input  110       DC output  12 volts-  30 amps  so I just have to plug it into a  15 amp outlet and  into my board and it will run the  12 strings  6 on each bank     hooking up the board using  1 power supply   thank you for your reply  

Yes. Just make sure you have the polarity correct going to the controller.

So i'll have a positive and a negative going from the power supply to the  controller  for the first bank of six and an other positive and negative going from the power supply to the controller  second bank  of six thank you for your reply

10 hours ago, sysco said:

So i'll have a positive and a negative going from the power supply to the  controller  for the first bank of six and an other positive and negative going from the power supply to the controller  second bank  of six thank you for your reply

That will work. I run multiple ps's as have 1 large 750w ps running both my pixie16 and 8 same principal

JR

46 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

That will work. I run multiple ps's as have 1 large 750w ps running both my pixie16 and 8 same principal

JR

you know that is overkill correct?  Likewise if you blow a PS you will have two controllers down instead of one.  Just food for thought.

3 hours ago, caniac said:

you know that is overkill correct?  Likewise if you blow a PS you will have two controllers down instead of one.  Just food for thought.

Yes, I did it with a purpose. I have 4 of those bad boys and thanks to Mr P I just ordered 4 more.

If you remember my original config I had 2 350w ps's. 1 for each bank. Then I changed to my 24x50 matrix which meant I had to add a pixie8 to my 16. Instead of placing the 8 in a separate box I changed to a 750 w ps. Fits perfect and I doubt it will burn out but if it does I am prepared.

May as well have no show on a matrix then be missing 16 or 8 strings.

JR

Just now, jerry72 said:

12x50=600 nodes 600x60/1000= 36 amps on full white, run your controller at 75%, 36x75%= 27 amps full white.

what he said!

I will also be adding another 16 to the front cover to run some other props. That was/ is my purpose of the 750w. 

Gonna ad some hoops, star and whatever else I decide,  I know my spider and web will also be controlled from the 2nd 16

JR

6 hours ago, dibblejr said:

I will also be adding another 16 to the front cover to run some other props. That was/ is my purpose of the 750w. 

Gonna ad some hoops, star and whatever else I decide,  I know my spider and web will also be controlled from the 2nd 16

JR

If you want some serious power look into the MeanwellRSP's.  I run three of the RSP3000-12 in parallel.  That's 600amps at 12v.  One of them powered my Mega Tree last year with 5,280 pixels

9 minutes ago, uncledan said:

If you want some serious power look into the MeanwellRSP's.  I run three of the RSP3000-12 in parallel.  That's 600amps at 12v.  One of them powered my Mega Tree last year with 5,280 pixels

I have exactly what and qty I need.IMG_9001.jpg

11 hours ago, uncledan said:

Nice JR, money well spent on a Meanwell.  I have exactly what I need too  https://www.dropbox.com/s/2aa4xmz8e71bfb6/IMG_1415.JPG?dl=0

uncledan is that  setup for  real  what are you running  would like to see a walk through of what you have  thank you